Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jumping in...

For months now, maybe even a year, I have followed several blogs written by complete strangers. It has become a routine part of my day to check in on Pioneer Woman, Kelly's Korner and Glamorous Life of a Housewife. I don't know them, but for some reason I enjoy sneaking a peek into their lives, hearing about their adventures, seeing pictures of their children. It is a bit like stalking, but doesn't require leaving your house. I have often considering trying this blog thing myself. I love to write, although I can't imagine what topics I could pick that would interest anyone other than the handful of people who hear it from me in person on the daily. Regardless, I am going to try my hand at it. Maybe I will be lucky enough to capture some daily happenings around my house. Kind of like a virtual scrapbook of sorts, although at this point it would be filled with my complete and utter disdain for eighth grade Algebra (going to be the death of me). As my thirteen year old says to me every night...when am I ever going to need to know this stuff in the real world. I have no answer to that. Just sit down, figure out how to plug that stupid equation into a graphing calculator and get an answer that doesn't have ten decimals or no intersection!!! Writing is what I love, not MATH! We shall overcome Chapter 6-1, of that I am certain! If he will ever used the algebra skills we are struggling to master I have no earthly idea.

Some general information - I am a wife and have been for eighteen years or so. Best thing that has ever happened to me, hands down, is falling for the right fella. That great decision led to an even better one. I am a mom to two boys - six years apart and as different as night and day in some regards and identical clones in others. Is there anything better than being a mom? I can't imagine it if there is. It is hard sometimes for sure, and I wish there was a parent handbook on many days, but the rewards, the snuggles, the seeing life again through the eyes of your child, oh that is the good stuff. I think I am blessed beyond measure, lucky in love and just absolutely enjoy my life.

So, feel free to sneak a peek at my life and hear some of the ramblings going on between my ears. It could be painfully boring or slightly entertaining...we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I might have a better chance of winning prizes on your blog than I do on The Pioneer Woman (You are going to give away prizes, right?)! I am excited about your doing this. I have always said that you missed your calling. You are an awesome writer! I have invited a few friends to follow as well! Dad, be prepared I am sure that your antics will be a part of her writings! *smile*

    ReplyDelete