Monday, January 11, 2010

Mark My Words

Getting desperate around here for some motivation. After my sixty mile walk in November, I have come to a screeching halt on the exercise front and am not sure why? Why does it feel like there isn't time in the day? I fit in lots of time for training walks leading up to the 3 Day event, where did that time go? I was totally jazzed about increasing the walking pace to a jogging pace right after the event. Had some new goals in mind...a triathlon in June and doing the 3 Day event again next year. I was highly motivated.

What happened? I am trying to reach back in my memory to get back to that place. You know that feeling you get after you have exercised? The one where you are so proud of yourself and excited to have accomplished something? Why isn't that enough to get me moving? I feel better when I exercise, both mentally and physically. I have my new BodyBugg on my arm that I am sure would appreciate having some significant "burned calories" to report. A quick walk, jump some rope, do some sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks, swing my arms around like a windmill...SOMETHING!!

Today is the day I am turning it around. Saying it out loud, setting a goal, right here, right now on this blog! Even though I have already showered and gotten dressed for the day, that is not going to be my excuse. Even though I have a solid ton of work to do - proposal deadlines to meet, invoice payments to make, mods to issue, teleconferences to dial in to, also not going to be my excuse today. Even though I really, really don't want to - MARK MY WORDS - today I am going to move with some purpose. I am going to burn some calories. I am going to get back on the exercise train. I am going to be sore tomorrow from something I do today.

Sounds like I mean it, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. I might have to add one of those BodyBugg things to my birthday wish list. I have to do something as well. If I just walked around the office a couple of laps a day or walk up and down the stairs a couple of times just for the heck of it! Something has to happen - we have graduation and another beach trip . . .I would not want anyone to see these THIGHS! You would think that would be motivation! But, no, I am off to a booster club meeting! Please keep us posted as to your progress. I may join you!

    ReplyDelete