Sunday, February 21, 2010

Coming up Short

Wrapping up the weekend! Today was a good day. The weather was spectacular which always just puts a nice spin on a day! I got a couple of things done that needed to get done. First, I spent a lot of time marking items to sell in my 3 Day 60 Mile yard sale that is going to be held in a couple of weeks. It is something that I have needed to get to and today I finally took the time to do it. I also tackled that mountain of laundry I blogged about this morning! I got it all washed and dried, but didn't get it all put away. I got some of it put away, but that is not good enough. That means I wouldn't have even been the running for a medal in the Laundry Olympics. I trained really hard, I thought I was ready, but today I just fell short.


Speaking of falling short - Harold also wrapped up his flag football season this afternoon. The Cowboys lost in the first game of the playoffs. It was a tough one.



Doesn't he look intense in this picture?



And here he just looks cute. Harold, sorry for having to take another lesson from the school of hard knocks kid. One of these days....


Speaking about the school of hard knocks. Do you know who this arm belongs to?



It is Chip's best friend in the whole entire world - CV. We sometimes call him Poot, but I didn't want you to get the wrong impression about him, so we will just call him CV. Anyway, CV was hit in the elbow at baseball practice yesterday and chipped a bone in his elbow. May have also done some tendon damage, but won't know for sure until he sees and Orthopedic Surgeon next week.

He was very brave yesterday and all smiles today! He saw me coming with my camera and said to Chip "Oh no, its the camera". I am getting a bit of a reputation. He was still all smiles posing with his new injury so I got what I wanted!

Is there a life lesson to be learned from today? Here are a few options to consider: Life isn't fair, but it's still good. A load a day keeps the chaos at bay. Bad things do happen to good people. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

Something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment