Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

The day to celebrate the loves in your life. I am in a hotel in Dallas with my three loves and one of them is clearing his throat repeatedly and often. Need to give him some Benadryl for Valentine's. The other one is smacking on some Frosted Flakes. Please give me the gift of chewing with your mouth shut for Valentine's day. The other one is still snoozing and so he is not making any annoying noises just yet! Whoops spoke too soon, just heard some early morning sounds coming from that direction.

Even though I would like to puncture my own ear drums sometimes, because I inherited a unbelievable sensitive OCD problem with noises from my Grandmother (thanks Granny!) I usually enjoy the company of these three noise makers.

My hubby is incredibly adventurous, funny, patient, ambitious, playful, energetic, a people magnet, thoughtful, generous - really couldn't imagine a more amazing person to share my life. He is a tremendous father and I couldn't ask for more for my boys. Best thing I have ever, ever done is share my life and love with him. He has created memories for me that I treasure more than any gift I have ever received. He makes regular every day things fun. Through him I have had more life experiences than I could have ever even imagined on my own. He lives life to the fullest and I am glad that I am along for the ride.

Harold, oh he makes my heart hurt. Never could I have imagined a mother's love until I laid eyes on him for the first time. I literally thought I was going to have a heart attack about thirty seconds after he was born. My heart physically hurt it wanted to explode with love for that little boy. Amazingly, my love has done nothing but grow from that moment. You think you know love, because you have a wonderful family, parents, siblings and then you think you really understand love when you find a terrific husband who is your soul mate. But oh lord the love of a mother just blew me away. I had no idea. Levels unknown, never experienced, beyond anything I could have imagined EVER! He is such a nice young man. He is funny, kind, thoughtful, well mannered, smart, cute, a gifted actor - just an amazing little human and I can't wait to see what he does in his life.

Chip, my sweet little Chipster. I was worried when I was pregnant with him that I might not be able to love him as much as I already loved Harold. I mean, I crazy loved Harold, how do you love another one. No worries - he was born and the very moment I laid eyes on his curly little head I thought I might die on the spot. My chest physically hurt with the emotion and love that filled my heart. I was over the moon for him. He has definitely made me earn my parenting stripes though. Make no mistake about it, his picture is in the dictionary next to "strong-willed". I submitted it with some Chip stories for their consideration and it was approved immediately. But whatever personality trait makes him test me to the nth degree is also the one that lets him live life to the fullest. He argues big and tests me big, but he also loves big, laughs big, plays big - he does it all big. He is supremely funny, a great dancer, story teller and people magnet. He is a gifted athlete. Just so thrilled that I get to see where his big personality will take him in life.

So, this Valentine's Day 2010 I may be trapped in a hotel room with lots of annoying noises, but I am blocking it all out by counting my blessings. I have three that I am supremely grateful for and if I put my fingers in my ears and repeat like a mantra "I love them, I love them, I love them" I might not lose my mind!

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Crunch, crunch, crunch, slurp, smack, how's that working for that OCD??? Make them boys hold them chips and cereal in their mouths til they are soggy. Mattie should remember, since you taught him the proper way to eat chips. LOL! Happy V Day to you!

    ReplyDelete