Friday, March 5, 2010

A Day in the Life....of Me

Over at Kelly's Korner today she is hosting Show Us Your Life - What is Your Typical Day Like? Here is mine:

5:00 a.m. - Alarm goes off. Moan, groan...stagger down the stairs. Curse myself for not setting the coffee pot to start automatically. There is nothing better than the smell of coffee brewing to make the first steps of a moaning, groaning morning just a little brighter.

5:30 a.m. - Head out with my dog Astro for a little exercise. Meet my two sweet early morning walker friends and their dogs. Cold, dark, hard...but never boring.

6:30 a.m. - Walk done, feel terrific. Check emails, quick read of the paper...time to wake the troops.

6:45 a.m. - Wake up the boys. Harold to the shower. Chip to the couch for 15 minutes to go over all the aches, pains, sore legs, sore eyes, leg hurts, back of head hurts, neck sore, stomach ache...all the reasons he can't possibly go to school each day. Tell him he can stay home, but no friends over after school, absolutely no video games, still has to read, and mom will work with him on Flashcards while he is home. 3 minutes of indecision and then he is on board with going to school. CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS PHASE TO PASS!! It will pass, right?

7:00 a.m. - Make breakfast, pack lunches, check calendar, find lost shoes, coats, socks. Pull out something to cook for dinner tonight (not typical, in fact, downright miracle if I remember to plan this far ahead!)

7:30 a.m. - Chip is out the door - all smiles.

8:00 a.m. - Hubby and Harold leave for work and school. Harold is not necessarily smiling, but he is a teen and I am happy that he is upright, clean, fed, binder under his arm, facing another day of 8th Grade Algebra in first period. What an awful way to start the day! He's a trooper. Hubby always smiling.

8:01 a.m. - Deep breath.

8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Check in with work - assess what needs to be done today. I work about 1/2 time from home. I am thrilled that I have been able to start my work day in slippers for the last ten years. It is a great gig. Work, check email, look at week ahead to see what's coming up. Teleconferences, training, phone calls, respond to questions, crank out contracts.

11:00 ish - Shower, dress, breakfast dishes, errands.

12:00 - 2:30 - Work

2:31 - Head up to school to pick up Chip! Seriously, how did the morning pass that fast. Love that big smile I get after school.

3:00 - Can friends come over? Sure. Finish up any remaining work. Laundry. Now, realize I didn't take anything out for dinner and start staring into the pantry and freezer wondering what I can pull together now!

3:50 p.m. - Harold is home. Can friends come over? Sure! Still sneaking back to my office to wrap up loose ends for the day! Check email. Blog. Maybe play a game or twenty of Bejeweled Blitz or PathWords! Those games are like Crack!

5:30 p.m. - Throw together something quick for dinner (See previous post for SPAM fried rice!) Friends go home. Time for homework!

6:00 p.m. - Hubby home - quick dinner.

Evenings are filled with a variety of things:

Tuesday/Thursday Baseball practice
Wednesday night - Harold Bible Study - ZUMBA for me!
Harold Flag Football practice
Meetings at school for awesome things like the 8th grade dance meeting that was last night!

8:00 p.m. - Family time! Pile up on the couch for some quality television like American Idol or Biggest Loser! LOVE THE DVR!

8:50 p.m. - Quick bath for Chip (Actually, nothing quick about this. See previous post for Bath Time!)

9:00 ish - Chip to bed.

10:30 p.m.- The rest of us call it a night. Lights out. Lay down. Deep breath. Cuss because again I forgot to set the Coffee Maker to come on automatically! Give thanks for another wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the coffee pot! Why cant I ever remember to set that thing!! Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know why I don't set my automatic coffee pot, because I might fret that the house will catch on fire during the night and I will sleep right through it! Everything gets unplugged! Psychotic, I know! But what else would I do at 5:15 in the morning? I wait for the coffee to brew while I am making lunches!

    ReplyDelete