Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dear Diary -

Dear Diary - I thought we had all slept in to a reasonable hour of 8:00 a.m. this morning and then remembered the time change! Still feel pretty darn refreshed and relaxed. I think not getting up at a scary early time to walk makes it feel like I slept till noon!

Let's catch up on what's been going on around here:

1) We went car shopping yesterday. Hated it. I certainly enjoyed driving the new cars, liked the new car smell - but really didn't like the wheeling and dealing. We walked away from a deal yesterday that just didn't feel good enough. I slept just fine, so it was for sure the right decision. I think even if you don't get a great deal, you have to at least feel like you did! More to come on that I am sure.

2) Chip had his first cavity at his dentist appointment last week. If you will also recall from a recent post, he also had a trip to the principal's office last Friday. As we are leaving the dentist office he looks at me and says "Mom, I am on a bad roll. First the principal's office and now a cavity." Bad boy. I guess if he walks the straight and narrow for the next eighty years he might be able to salvage a respectable life.

3) I have walked for an hour for the last six days in a row! AND, I also threw in an hour of ZUMBA on Wednesday!! Good Job on the exercise front.

4) Have I mentioned this ZUMBA class yet?? I have done it for the last three Wednesday evenings at our little neighborhood community center. It is a latin dance inspired exercise class and it is FUN! You really get a good sweat and are concentrating so hard on getting the moves down that before you know it and hour has gone by! Definitely feel dance challenged SOME of the time and am most definitely sure I look like a dork MOST of the time! We are trying to talk the instructor into doing it two nights a week! Fingers crossed.

5) I have fallen way off the wagon on avoiding bread. Damn carbs.

6) Mom and Dad have picked a date to visit us! Time to start writing a list of home improvement projects we can tackle while they are here! Can't wait!!

7) It is Spring Break from school here next week. For the first time in years and years we are staying home. We have two week long vacations already planned for the summer, so decided it would be smart to hang around here instead of taking another trip. Mixed emotions about that. We really love to travel and spring break has included some form of spring training baseball for the last several years. On the other hand, it might be nice just for the boys to sleep in, recharge and just hang out with no school for a week. I will still be working, but hopefully I can get my work done early in the day and we can do some fun things around here in the afternoons.

So, that is about it. I am going to start tackling the ever mounting pile of laundry and maybe do a little garden clean up. Do my best to enjoy this lovely, lovely weather we are having. Oh, and this afternoon I am going to take pictures of my friends family! Photo Shoot with willing subjects! Can't wait! Hope I get some good shots!

Me -

No comments:

Post a Comment