Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Milestones and Meals

This morning I wrote that heartfelt post about how sweet my fourteen year old Harold is and what tremendous joy he has brought me as a mother. I no sooner hit the "Publish Post" button on his birthday blog when he runs out of the bathroom saying "I FINALLY DID IT!" We put down our coffee cups and look at him excitedly "What did you do son?" With pride in his eyes and glowing satisfaction on his face he says "I burped and farted at exactly the same time."

Really. And truly. Apparently, we celebrate every accomplishment in our house. Nothing is too big, too small or too disgusting.

In addition to celebrating that life long goal with him today, we also managed to do a few things to make Harold feel special on his birthday. We went out to eat at Tokyo Steak House. It is one of those restaurants where the super talented, knife weilding, volcano making cooks prepare the food right in front of you. It was entertaining and delicious! Harold had steak and chicken and ate every single bite. Even little Chip went wild and ate three shrimp in addition to his steak. Plates were cleaned and tummies were full!

For dessert I made Harold's favorite - yellow cupcakes with no frosting. I know, he is weird! Who doesn't like frosting??? We sang the traditional happy birthday song with a few "Cha Cha Chas" thrown in. He made a wish. I hope it comes true.



It was a great day to celebrate a great kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment