Friday, April 16, 2010

Teacher Ideas

Over at Kelly’s Korner today she is asking people to share their ideas for Teacher gifts! In December I had written a post about a cute little idea that we did for Chip’s teacher at Christmas. I thought it was worthy enough to share again!

What we made was a flower arrangement but instead of flowers, we made it out of school supplies. We looked at his teacher’s wish list for things she could use for her room and picked some things that would be easy to tape to a wooden kitchen skewer. We chose dry erase markers, erasers, scissors, rulers, glue dots, magnetic tape, post-it notes and then filled in the empty holes with lots of candy canes. Once you have all of your supplies taped securely to a wooden kitchen skewer, just arranged the skewers in a Christmas tin filled with a florist styro foam insert. My son had a great time helping with this one. Here is a picture of our finished project.



You could easily do this for an end of the year gift, too! In fact, I did something similar last year for an end of the year gift, but made it with construction paper flowers glued to the skewers. I took an individual picture of each child at some point during the year and glued their picture to the center of the flower. It was terribly cute and would also be cute with little hand tracings. I used pipe cleaners to make green leaves shapes on all the little skewers. I didn’t take a picture of that one, but sure wish I had!

If you are not feeling quite that crafty, then gift cards are always great. I love to find unique and fun ways to present them. One year, I gave PF Chang’s Gift Cards and wrapped them in those little Chinese Take Out box filled with Fortune Cookies. I just tucked the gift card inside the Take Out box and wrapped it with a pretty bow. I have also given Starbucks cards, tucked inside a coffee cup filled with whole coffee beans. Wrap it up with a little cellophane and bow and it looks as wonderful as it smells!

I hope you can use some of these ideas to make your child’s teacher feel appreciated and special.

5 comments:

  1. SO cute! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!!!!!!!!! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so creative! As a teacher, I would LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I'd love this gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas. I am a teacher and would appreciate any of these gifts but I especailly love the supply bouquet.

    ReplyDelete