Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ten Totally Random Tidbits

Let's do this again....ten totally random tidbits. I don't have a lot to say about any particular thing, but I have a little to say about a lot of things.

1. If you don't live in this area, I don't think you can appreciate the level of pollen and crap that falls off these live oak trees. It is ridiculous. Everything outside is covered in a nasty layer of yellow. I am sweeping up dustpans full of the stuff that has landed in my driveway. The car is covered, patio furniture, gas grill, sidewalk, etc. It is just gross.

2. I got my hair cut and colored today! HIP HIP HOORAY!! Man do I feel better!

3. I am making Pioneer Woman's BBQ Meatballs tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for me that my family will eat them. Hate to go to this much trouble and have them all eat a bowl of cereal.

4. A Rant. We have two schnauzer's that live behind us. From the minute they hit the backyard to the minute they go back in the house they bark. Incessantly. Non-stop. At absolutely nothing. They just bark, and bark, and bark and bark. Never stop. It doesn't always bother me, but boy if I get locked on the sound it makes me nuts. I have to crank up some tunes, turn on a fan, something to drowned out the noise.

5. Yesterday, Hubby had to get seven shots! Seven! Four in one arm and three in the other. He is going to Asia for business and he had to get vaccinated. Kind of makes me wonder what is going on in Asia that you have to be inoculated to death. He felt puny last night but got up this morning and went on in to work. I would have milked it a little more I think.

6. Remember that Root Beer I was complaining about Chip dropping last night. Today I dropped a half full cup of sweet tea. I think the gravitational pull is super ramped up around here or something! I am just going to keep the mop in my sink.

7. The outlet in our master bathroom has gone crazy. Making a weird clicking noise all the time. We have had the replacement outlet sitting on the kitchen counter for a week. No practice for the boys tonight, so maybe we can get that thing replaced.

8. Baseball is back. Harold is doing this thing on-line where everyday you predict a player that will get a hit. If you guess correctly 56 times or something you win 3 million dollars. He was correct on day one, so we are still in the running. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

9. This Saturday will be the one year anniversary of the passing of Hubby's sweet momma. I am trying to think of something special we can do in remembrance on that day. Maybe release some balloons or go play Bingo in her honor. She would get a kick out of that. Honestly though, I can't believe that a year has passed. Seems impossible that twelve months have come and gone since that sorrowful day. I miss her so badly some days (crying now just typing these few sentences). It's the little things I want to share with her. Something funny the kids did. A new recipe. First time in about 25 years that I didn't get an Easter card in the mail. She never forgot to send a card. In fact, every single relative we had to call to tell that she had passed away last year said "I just got an Easter Card from her." Deep sigh.

10. Okay, let's lighten this post up a bit. It is almost summer. I am not ready for shorts season. I am even less ready for swimsuit season. We swim almost every single day in the summer - sometimes twice in one day. I have to wear a bathing suit and I am dreading it. If it wasn't so hard to put on I might consider putting on a wetsuit and just act like I am training for a dive certification or something. I should start shopping now for cute cover-ups. Cover-ups I like. Cover-ups are the only reason I am able to force myself into a bathing suit. Cover-ups are a girls best friend.

That's all. More than you wanted I am sure! Have a great afternoon! I will let you know how the meatballs turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment