Saturday, May 15, 2010

Best Homework Assignment EVER

Today, we got to help Chip with a special homework project he has to do for school. The project is about learning about his community. One part of the project was to eat a special treat that is made in your town. So, we were all over that and headed to the local donut shop and had a hot donut - all in the name of school work. Those calories really shouldn't count.


Chip was super excited. He doesn't like school so much, and most definitely does not usually like homework, but DONUTS. Now you are talking his language.


Chip looks at me and says "Mom, this is the best homework ever!" I must say that I agree with him on that one!


Poor Harold couldn't eat his fast enough before the vultures started circling.


Speaking of Harold, earlier this morning we went to watch the last Vikings game of the season. I would like to say it was a good game, but it wasn't. Vikings were out of it early and just couldn't get anything going. It has been a fun season though and Harold and his buddy RV add more hardware to their trophy shelves.

My internet services was out for six hours yesterday. I was like a caged animal pacing back and forth. I had so much work to get done and impending deadlines hanging over me and no possible way to work. Frustrating. I did however get some laundry put away and accomplish a few other household chores that have been needing some attention while I paced. Not all bad. In fact, by the time I got logged back in the work assignment I was sweating had been handled and it turned out to be a pretty good evening!

So, we have a busy couple of weeks ahead and then school is out for the summer! Can I get an AMEN!!! I am looking forward to it more than you can imagine! Random Conversation in the car today:

Chip: Dad, is tonight a school night?
Dad: Nope.
Chip: Yes it is.
Dad: No it's not.
Chip: Yes it is.
Dad: Chip, today is Saturday and it is not a school night.
Chip: Yes it is.
Dad: Okay, it is.
Chip: WHAT??? Why did you say that (on the verge of tears). Is it really a school night?

Seriously. We need a break.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment