Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday That Feels Like Monday

Just woke up this morning, ready to hit the road for my walk. As soon as the alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. I realized I had made a huge mistake. Harold has to bring a Spanish Dish to school today for his Spanish II class. He researched Spanish recipes and found something he thought he would like - Costillas. These are basically barbecued pork ribs. So, not cheap and not easy.

Yesterday, we went to the store to get all the ingredients. He made the sauce all by himself, squeezing oranges, measuring out all the ingredients. Then he floured each rib and dipped it in the sauce. We cooked them last night for a little over an hour and I was to just reheat and deliver them to his class this afternoon.

What I realized as soon as my eyes were open and I was mentally running through my list for the day was that those ribs were still cooling on the stove from last night. They came out of the oven at 10:00 p.m. - I sent Harold to bed at 10:30 and told him I would let them cool a bit longer before putting them in the fridge. Then, I completely forgot to actually PUT THEM IN THE FRIDGE.

I mentally kicked myself all the way down the stairs, hoping against hope that I was just sleep walking when I put them away last night. I wasn't. There they sat - getting all good and rotten from sitting out all night. Dang it, dang it, dang it.

Now I am waiting for the grocery store to open at 6:00 a.m. so I can jet over there to pick up the ingredients AGAIN!

I have a million work things to do today and I really don't have time to add recreating this recipe to my list. I do not like Friday's that feel like Mondays. Not at all.

Here is a bit of good news I need to share - The Phone Works! Hubby took it all apart, shook out a few stray grains of rice and it turned right on. All Harold's contacts, pictures, etc. All there - all works fine. YAY! I shouldn't even celebrate, I will probably jinx it and drop it in Pork Rib Sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Oh No!!!!! There is nothing worse than feeling panic first thing after you wake up. I have cooked a big huge wonderful meal and left it on the counter over night. It sucks. I guess you don't want to be the one to give an entire class food poisoning on a Friday afternoon. LoL!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete