Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


I woke up this morning with my sweet Chip turning on the bedroom light at 6:45 a.m. - beaming from ear to ear as he rushed over to my side of the bed. He said "Mom, it's Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day!" I could tell he was so proud to have remembered and to be the first one to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. He kissed me on the cheek and said in my ear "I love you, Mom". Then he went down stairs and was back in about 2 minutes with a home made card he had quickly made. It said "Happy Mother's Day. You are the best mother in the orbit and you make great fried rice. P.S. Shove spicy food up her butt." The last sentence is a joke from "The Office" that we say wwwaaayyy too much around here. There was also two five dollar bills shoved into the homemade card (I am pretty sure it was his brother's money.) He said "Mom, it is on blue paper because blue is your favorite color. You can have that money, because what is a card without money in it? You can buy anything you want with it."

LOVE THAT KID!!!!

The rest of my house is sleeping and I am revelling in how much it means to have my sweet little seven year old so enthusiastically wish me a Happy Mother's Day in the very best way that he knows how. Not what his Daddy has officially helped him buy, but just his own work with the resources he found at his disposal from his big giving heart. It is good.

But now, I need to take this opportunity to reach across 900 miles, sneak into my own mom's room, turn on the light and rush to her side of the bed with a kiss and a huge smile and say "Happy Mother's Day Mom". I hope when you open this Blog this morning and read down to this part you can feel the love, the appreciation, the joy that I am sending your way. I love you so much and as I continue to experience motherhood myself, my appreciation for you just deepens. It is astounding to know that you love me as much as I love my boys. There is no love stronger than that and to know you have it for me is like being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket right out of the dryer.

When I asked you recently if there was anything special you wanted for Mother's Day you said "Just for my kids to be happy." Well, consider yourself in receipt of exactly what you asked for. I am happy!!! However, in addition to my personal happiness, I also have two little surprises coming in the mail for you! Be on the lookout for them!

I LOVE YOU MOM!!! I hope you have a wonderful day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment