Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting out of Hot Water

My mother is yelling at me because I am not blogging enough. I guess that is good, right??? I have been a busy girl and throw in my self imposed gag order when Hubby was out of town and I have not had much time or material to write about. Let's fix that...let me tell you everything!!!

Hubby survived Asia. In fact, maybe he did a little better than survive. Check out the sweet hotel he stayed at in Malaysia.



The view from his room.


The Pool.


More pool - couldn't fit it all in one picture because it was so big.


The beach at his hotel.

He was really roughing it, wasn't he?? And get this, he lost like 8 pounds to boot! Perfect vacation if you ask me! Hang out in paradise AND lose weight. Someone sign me up!!!


Now, we won't pretend that it was all fun and sun, because this was only one of the four or five hotels he stayed out in three or four countries he visited. I thought I was pretty decent at geography, but he went to some real tongue twisters that I couldn't begin to figure out.

He did see some wild monkeys. There were like 30 of them in tree by one of his hotel room - not sure what country he was in at the time. That is kind of cool. Probably until they jump on you or something, then game over! Monkeys would be flying. I have a big fear of a bat flying into me on my morning walks. I can see them circling the street lights picking off moths and bugs and sometimes they seem to swoop down close to the road. I know they have super sonic radar and all, but please, please, pretty please do not fly into me. It would be a damn fiasco if it ever happened. Even at 5:30 in the morning, I would be screaming at the top of my lungs! Lights would be coming on all over the neighborhood to the crazy woman beating herself to death.

Man, that was way off topic, let's get back to Asia. Some of the most interesting pictures Hubby took were of bathrooms. They will require a blog all their own! I know you will be on pins and needles until I get that up and posted.

In the spirit of filling you in on all the happenings around here, let's have a quick recap of our weekend. Chip had a baseball game Friday night and Hubby came home! He got stuck in a long Customs line and missed his connection. He caught a later flight, but then they lost his luggage. A bit of a downer when he was just trying to get home. I tried to upload some pictures of the boys greeting him, but got some kind of error message. I will try those later with the bathroom blog!

On Saturday we took it easy with just three baseball games and a flag football game. The weather was spectacular and we were out in it from 8:30 a.m. until about 6:00 p.m. A little sunburned and completely beat. Today I have tried to catch up on some work. I have three audits due and I just can't seem to get them complete. Struggling something terrible. I got two done, but still need to wrap up the third one. Then I took Chip to the pool for his first swim of the year. He was the only dork in the water. It was still way too cold for me! Worked on some Prize posters for our school carnival in the afternoon. Grilled out some steaks. Dishes, bathes, and now trying to wrap this up. I have school folders to sign, field trip forms and checks to fill out, uniforms to wash, a breakfast casserole to deliver to school in the morning. I need to go to bed and get up extra early tomorrow!

Hope this will get me out of hot water Mom! Will try to get back to something a little more consistent this week!

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment