Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Astro Report



Astro went to the vet for his semi-annual checkup and Bordetella vaccination today. I don't believe in taking a dog to the vet for an exam every six months, but he is required to keep his Bordetella up to date to stay at the doggie hotel, so I go. It's a racket.

So anyway, the vet tells me that he is the sweetest dog ever. This I already knew. Then she tells me that he needs to lose about 10 pounds. Poor Astro. For all of his life, we have just filled up his bowl with food when it is empty and he comes and goes eating what he wants. Sometimes a little, sometimes alot. Those days are over.

Starting today, we will feed him 3/4 cup of food in the morning and 3/4 cup of food at night. I wonder if he will notice. I wonder if he will eat the legs off the kitchen table because he is so hungry. Oh, maybe that is me and what I want to do when I am hungry!!

So stay tuned for an update on the adventures of a canine diet! I hope I have nothing to report but a slimmer dog!! Go Astro!

No comments:

Post a Comment