Thursday, June 17, 2010

Disney and Diagnosis - Day Four

Day Four of the Clampett's Summer Vacation 2010 was spent at Disney Land! We woke up at about 6:45 a.m. to head over to the park that opened at 7:00 a.m. Talk about bright and early, but we have learned that the early bird doesn't wait in line so away we went.

The monorail cruised us past the front gate and took us directly to Tomorrowland.

We jumped in line for the Nemo Submarine Voyage, it was very cute.

Next up the Matterhorn Bobsled ride. I never thought Chip would do it, but he not only did it, it was a favorite ride all day long. It was actually a favorite for all of us.

Hustled over to do Buzz Lightyear - a family favorite from our last trip to Disney World. Lines still not too bad.

This is such a fun little ride. I think I won - or maybe I am making that up.

We rode the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and it was cool.

Stop for lunch and pour over the park map to see what else we can't miss.

Chip conned us out of a sword and Hubby got some pirate gear. He is having some major problem with his face and the problem is the left side of his face is completely paralyzed. It has been a mess since the Friday before we left. It is so bad that he is having to manually pull his eyelid down on the left side to blink his eye. He feels terrific other than the fact that his face isn't working.

Harold of course had to try it out. The funny thing I think of when I look at this picture is how much that earring was killing his ear. He was saying through his teeth "Take it off, take it off, it is killing me, take it off." Don't need to worry about this kid getting a real earring.

Disney is just good, clean, family fun.

And it is pretty.

We had to make a mid-day pit stop between DisneyLand and California Land for the boys to powder down the family jewels. They were so happy I had powder in my purse.

Jungle Cruise with my wild animals.

Getting to be late in the day and we wanted to do the new Toy Story Mania ride. The line was an hour long. We all hated the line.

But it was a really cool 4D ride. We were beat after that so we headed back to the hotel to take a little swim.

After our afternoon swim we headed over to Downtown Disney to find something for dinner and then planned to watch the Disney fireworks.

While waiting for our table we broke out a little photo shoot.

It was difficult to get any decent pictures of these boys.
This kid could not quit laughing.
Hmmm, this is kind of boring and embarrassing. Maybe we could do something less embarrassing like do the hokie pokie, sing a round of Row, Row, Row Your Boat....
Or, you could try tying your brother's head to a light pole with his jacket.

Hmmm, not that entertaining.

He breaks out pretty quick.

Maybe we could tie a string around his head and make him look like Rambo.
Or you could watch him be forced to dance the Ramba with his Daddy while dressed like Rambo.

Or, we could take pictures of Dad's crooked face.

After dinner we hit the Disney store for some after dark toys. This is Chip with his light saber.

Looks cool, doesn't it?

Main Street Disney is still busy, busy getting ready for the fireworks show.

Guys hanging with their hoody's waiting on the fireworks.

It was an awesome show and there were lots of Ohs and Ahs.

After the fireworks show, Hubby decided to go to the ER to see if he could figure out what was going on with his face. He figured it would be easier to do it while we were all sleeping and he was right. He got back to the hotel about 2 in the morning. Turns out that he has Bell's Palsy. They said it could last a couple of weeks or several months. He is getting pretty good at manually blinking his eye and getting and keeping food in his mouth. No whistling to be had though. We got him some eye drops to help keep his bad eye moist. As weird as it is, we have had some serious laughs about it. He has such a great attitude that it makes it easy for the rest of us to roll with it. Hasn't slowed us down a bit! In fact, it wouldn't be a vacation for us without a trip to the ER. It is how we support local communities we visit. We make a nice donation to their local hospital and make some memories for ourselves.
Can't wait to show you the fun things we did on day five and six! For now, I am hitting the sack!

No comments:

Post a Comment