Tuesday, June 1, 2010

High Triglycerides are Going Down

I went to my Endocrinologist today for an routine appointment and found out my cholesterol is way out of whack. Not alarmingly so, but enough that she wants me to start some medicine. Apparently, my bad cholesterol is way bad and even my good cholesterol is bad. Funny thing is my regular cholesterol number is fine. She said it is much to do with genetics - Thanks Number One and Two Blog Fans - but that I could definitely improve it by losing weight and exercising more. My thyroid numbers were a little low too, so she is bumping up that dosage too. Not good at all. I have always had really good reports from any blood work I have had done, so this was a bit of a kick in the gut. It scared me.

So, I had already walked an hour this morning before my appointment, then after my appointment the boys and I hit the park for an hour of tennis. By that I mean, we hit and chased the ball all over the place! It was a hot mess, but my sweet Chip wore his headband and his basketball shooting sleeve and it was most definitely entertaining! Our volleying back and forth personal best record was 15 and that was a chance miracle that was not replayed twice. After that I worked for a couple of hours and then we played at the pool for two hours. Came home and worked a couple more hours and then after dinner the whole family did some circuit training in the garage. We hit the punching bag, jump roped, threw a medicine ball, push ups, sit ups, planks, lifted a few weights, etc. I am practically crippled in my chair right now. I would say something cute like everything hurts except my typing fingers - but they hurt too! Maybe my hair doesn't hurt. My eyelashes definitely don't hurt so that is good! Looking on the bright side here!

Planning to meet some of my gal pals at 6:45 in the morning for our first swim session of the summer! Last summer I built up enough stamina to swim a solid mile. I only did it once, but it was incredible and when I was done I was pumping my fist and jumping around the pool like I had won the Olympics. It was a highlight in my exercise history!

So I may not be able to blog very often because I will be exercising more! Get this body the workouts it is apparently craving! You are messing with the wrong girl High Triglycerides - you are going DOWN!!

Let's hope I don't drown tomorrow when I hobble down to the pool. It is low impact, so maybe it will be good for the sore muscles I know I will have in the morning! Wish me luck! I am going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment