Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Progress

I am going to do a quick little list of the progress we are making around our house. I will start with my health:



After one week of great exercise and watching what I eat, I am down 3 pounds. It is not much, but it is a start. I am taking my medication exactly as prescribed and feel pretty good. Definitely feel motivated to keep up the good work. I did miss my morning swim this morning because it was storming and raining. May work out in the garage or hop on the treadmill later this afternoon. I am on a nine day streak and I don't want to break it!

Next, let's take a look at the Summer Idea list and see what items we have completed in the first 10 days or so of summer:

Swimming √
Tennis √
Basketball √
Reading √
Cook/Bake something by yourself √
Play Cards √
Throw Baseball √
Ladder ball √
Wash the Car √
Build a Fort √
Sort through Baseball Cards √
Legos √


This creative contraption had three different vehicles that could separate from the mother ship. Quite a feat there Chip!

In addition to the items on the idea list, the boys enjoyed a trip to the Exotic Pet Store with Peggy and gang. Got to hold a Common Boa and see a Sloth eat some grapes. Don't tell me that is something you get to do everyday.

We have also been night swimming, which is a family favorite. Mostly because there is no sunscreen involved. As a bonus, last night there were several of our good friends at the pool and it was super fun. Walking home Chip says to me "This is the best summer of my life." So there you have it. I only wish the evening hadn't ended with Chip punching Harold and Harold putting him in a headlock and hitting him back. Why aren't they too exhausted to argue and fight. I know I am. I sent them to bed. Today, everyone is refreshed and in much better spirits.

Let me also give you a quick update on Astro. We fed him 3/4 of a cup of food this morning and he went right over and started to eat. I thought he was going to scarf it all down. I was wrong - he left half in the bowl, so he will have some to snack on through the day. I will be interested to see if it is even gone by the time we feed him his dinner! Stay tuned, this is exciting stuff!

Today, we have already been to the dentist and Starbucks! Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte for me! Coffee just makes me happy. Very, very happy. Must get some work done and then we might go bowling! Perfect day to do an indoor activity!

Hope your day is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment