Thursday, July 8, 2010

If I Only Knew Then What I Know Now

Yesterday on our morning bike ride me and the girls were chatting about how just about every female you have ever met has a love/hate relationship with her body. Most of us are dissatisfied with one part or another or maybe it is the top/bottom, or arms/legs, hair, toes, something. Oh, it is tiresome. I am for sure guilty of that and I could probably answer all of the above to the parts that give me grief.

I told my friends that if I knew then what I know now that I would have just stayed naked from like 17 years old to 24 years old. Wouldn't you so much more appreciate that young body now that everything is so different in this 40 something year old body? Even then, during my late teens and early twenties there were parts of my body that I really thought were major trouble spot. WHO KNEW?? That was just the tip of the iceberg young lady. Trouble spots can take over your entire body. Living proof right here.

Is it possible that when I am 80 I am going to look back at this 40 something body and say the same thing? That's scary.

1 comment:

  1. Woman, life is short, love who you are right this moment. And who you are, is quite lovely.

    :)

    ReplyDelete