Saturday, July 31, 2010

Random with a capital "R"

I have typed six different sentences to start this blog and deleted all six. I refuse to delete this one, even though I don't know where to start. I will just keep typing until I figure out what I want to talk about.

You see sometimes I log on and have a pretty good idea what I am going to write. Other days I log in with absolutely no idea what I am going to write, but soon enough the words start flowing. Today falls into the later category, I have no idea what I am going to write but a lot has been going on, so I will just start.

My Breast Cancer team had another great fundraiser this morning. We hosted a yard sale at Connie's house and walked away with $885.47! Woo Hoo! What a nice amount, but when I tell you that yard sales are hard - I mean they are HARD! Yard sales are way harder than ducks. I will take people giving generously for a silly little pink duck over people haggling over 25 cents for a pair of used rubber gel shoes any day of the week. Seriously lady, fifty cents is as low as we can go on the gel shoes because otherwise you would just be getting them for free. So tiresome and the whole spirit of the event gets lost with the wheeling and dealing and haggling - that is until you get to the money counting part. Then the spirit comes back and you realize it was all for a good cause! So glad it is over though!

The boys are having a sleep over tonight and Chip has been sky high all day looking forward to it. I don't really understand how or why it is different than playing with their friends during the day, but it is! He has been on count down since he woke up this morning.

Me and the boys went to Target yesterday and I tried to get them to pick up a few school supplies. They ran away from me - with their fingers stuck in their ear's yelling "NOOOOO, Don't even say the school word!" I guess that means they are not ready for school to start. Good thing they have about three more weeks of summer! Where has the time gone?

Hubby told me this afternoon that he is at his lowest weight he has been since high school. I wanted to hurt him. Really hurt him. Like hit him with something heavy and hard, like an anvil. Drop it right on top of his head. Teach him to share that kind of news with me. It's rude and completely unacceptable.

I had the HealthNut Salmon Salad at Logan's yesterday. It is literally a huge bowl of lettuce with a piece of grilled salmon. No seasoning, no extra veggies, just plain jane. It didn't cut it for me - way too healthy.

Harold left my house at 12:00 noon last Thursday and couldn't tell a VW from a limosine. He came home at 5:30 completely obsessed with cars. It was the weirdest phenomenon. He now searches CARMAX on the daily. Points out every other car on the road. Talks incessantly about his dream car. I keep looking at him and wondering exactly how he went from zero interest to completely obsessed in such a short time. Sadly for his first car he is thinking racing stripes but I am thinking air bags. I will win this one.

I apologize for the randomness of this post. My brain is fried - yard sales will do that to you.

1 comment:

  1. So I'm wondering...how far did you guys get on your Summer To Do list? Did you make thru all the fun things you had hoped to accomplish?

    ReplyDelete