Friday, August 6, 2010

A Good Night of Sleep

I went to bed last night at 9:00! So many consecutive early mornings finally catch up to a girl. As soon as I said goodnight to the boys, Chip asked if he could come lay with me for a while. I said sure.

We both snuggled up under the blankets, propped up on our pillows. I was reading Gone With the Wind (Random Side Note: GWTW is a gagillion pages long and I might be 50 years old before I get through it!) and he was reading a book about a Hamster. He is reading and starts chuckling out loud to himself. I ask him what is funny. He says this part in the book where the hamsters are naming streets. Listen to this...

He proceeds to read a section of the book to me and he is laughing. I can't understand a word he is saying, which kind of makes me laugh. He says "Isn't that funny?" I just nod my head and still have no idea what in the heck he said.

We only read for about 10 minutes and then it was lights out.

Best night of sleep I have had in a month. I needed that!

Busy weekend ahead! Here is how it is shaping up...walking 10 miles on Saturday morning, then we are taking a little family field trip to Waco to go to the Mayborn Museum on Baylor's campus and the Dr. Pepper Museum. Sunday, it is a 6 mile walk followed by a matinee performance of The Wedding Singer. Need to find some time to catch up on laundry, because I have been on a hiatus for a few days and it is starting to stack up! Also, want to find some time to go furniture shopping for some new chairs for my bedroom.

Should be fun and we are marking lots of stuff off of the Summer Fun list!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment