Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Furniture

I have been working on my little reading nook in the master bedroom and thought I would show it to you and see what you think.

It is growing on me, although I would love for the chairs to be just a shade lighter.



This picture was taken standing in the middle of my bed.


I love the picture frames. Kind of modern, which is not quite the vibe of my bedroom or house for that matter. But when I put pictures in them of my favorite traditional subject they worked for me. They certainly do the trick of breaking up the monotony of all that beige!



My boys.


Here it is with the lamp on. Seems even cozier to me with the lamp on. I have actually found a little time every day since they arrived to park my rear end for just a few minutes. Currently reading "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" - loving it so far.

I am still looking for a small table lamp, but I think I am going to go ahead and take the tags off the furniture. It is going to stay.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! It looks really cozy...especially with the light on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice chairs...looks so...cozy.

    ReplyDelete