Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sweating

I went to a baseball game last night and when we walked through the gate and sat in our seats the temperature was 105 degrees. That is hot. Smoking hot. Not only was it hot - it was humid. Double whammy. At 9:30 p.m. it was down to a crisp 94 degrees.

That is crazy hot. I had sweat dripping from my hair. Sweat on the back of my hands. Elbows were sweating and causing my arm to keep sliding off the arm rest.

So dang hot.

We were in the shade and there was a breeze blowing, but it was like a blow dryer turned on super hot blowing right in your face.

Sweaty. Hot. I think my blood was boiling. Felt like it anyway.

Did I mention how sweaty that I was? Ridiculous.

Sweat dripped into my ears from my hair. Rolled down my back. Shorts sticking to me in a way that was not comfortable and most certainly not attractive.

Couldn't drink enough. Tried to ignore the heat and watch the game. It was hard.

I jumped in a pool at my earliest convenience and it was the most blissful moment of my life.

Sweet, sweet relief. The cold chill getting out of the pool was glorious. I never thought I would feel that cold again. It was the best. I was so happy.

1 comment: