Monday, September 13, 2010

First Manicure

I DID IT!! I stopped biting my fingernails and let them grow long enough to get a manicure. Please note that #32 has been marked off of my 50 Things To Do Before I Am 50 list!

I actually got both a manicure and a pedicure. Look at me! All grown up! Both were awesome and I have been admiring them every chance I get.

I tried to photograph my own hand so you could check it out, but it was super hard. My hand looks like it was found in the dumpster outside of a morgue. Like it fell off of a body and they mistook it for some leftover sausage from the Italian restaurant they ordered a couple of nights ago and they just chucked it. Not sure why an arm would be off a body in a morgue, but that has to happen sometimes. I read things.

Anyway, I would tell you that my hands look better in person, but I am afraid they probably don't. I took lots of pictures in different rooms, trying to find some decent light, but I don't think the camera could lie that many times!!!

So my fat little fingers have been manicured and I am very proud of myself. I am leaving on a jet plane in a few hours so whether my nails will make it through the flight remains to be seen! Maybe I should take two of my little white pills to head off any nervous energy that would cause me to absentmindedly bite my nails. I would probably sleep through my plane change, but my nails would look nice when I finally got there!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment