Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm Registered

I just completed the on-line registration for my 3 Day 60 Mile walk in November! Only 38 days left until we hit the road!

Let's reminisce a bit about the walk last year, shall we?


Lots of training, lots of fundraising, but the day finally arrived!


Limo ride to Dallas!

We made it and so did our luggage!


Nice healthy dinner at Panera Bread and early to bed.


We arrive in the wee hours of the morning! So excited.
Hot air balloons glowing with inspiring messages.
Group photo kicking it off.


The awesome opening ceremonies!

We are off! We are doing it! Walking 20 miles!

Hydrating at the 7-11!



Day one complete. Yummy dinner at camp and early, early, early to bed.


Early to rise, too!

Camp is buzzing in the early morning hours.

Jiffy Poppers ready to walk on Day Two!


Lots of people ahead of us.


Lots of people behind us!


Group shot! Right after this picture my arches fell and I wanted to amputate both of my legs.


Not a minute too soon we made it back to camp!


And surprisingly got a little rest and a little food and then got our groove on!


Dance Party!


Day Three. Final Day. Bobbye in our hearts. One year ago.


Firemen make everything better.


Except our feet. We are the walking wounded. Feel like warriors.


We did it! Sixty long miles, but we crossed the finish line! I love, love, love these girls!

Now I am officially excited. I can't wait to do it again!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!! You and your team are amazing!!!!!! I can't wait to read about the walk and if there were any differences from the first time.

    ReplyDelete