Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ten Totally Random Tidbits

It has been a while since I did a "Ten Totally Random Tidbits" so here we go!

1. Chip is a spelling machine. He is in third grade and spelling words like encourage, beautiful, uncle and rhyming! Those are hard words!

2. I didn't walk this morning because I had to have both boys at the dentist at 7:30 a.m. and because I have walked the last 15 days in a row and I needed a break. Instead of waking up at 4:45 a.m. I set my alarm for 6:10 a.m. Ahhhh! Except it wasn't ahhhh at all. My sweet husband got up at 4:45 a.m., started making coffee, letting the dog in and out, moving furniture, searching the kitchen cabinets, using a jackhammer and heaven knows what else was going on. I had to get out of bed to shut the bedroom door to drown out his efforts to keep me from my extra hour and 25 minutes of sleep. I am glad we don't have a gun in our house or I might have used it on him. Just saying.

3. This fall weather is glorious! Makes me want to bake a pie, buy a pumpkin and rake some leaves!

4. I hid Chip's Buzz Lightyear and a couple of swords up in the top of the closet. I just wasn't ready to donate them just yet.

5. My family does not like Sloppy Joes.

6. After I finish the 60 mile walk in November I am going to start training for another 1/2 marathon. I really hated the one I did in 2005, so I want to try again. See if I can do it better. So brace yourself for about a year of hearing about me trying to run. Running is hard.

7. I am doing 10 week Beth Moore Bible Study with some friends in the neighborhood. Really enjoying it so far. That Beth Moore is an energetic, charismatic, passionate and funny lady! She talks and I want to listen.

8. Tomorrow is October 1st. Damn.

9. Can Alabama beat Florida? Can my new fingernails survive the game? Should be a doozy!

10. Dinner dilemma. I have some leftover ham. I want to make this amazing ham/potato casserole my mom used to make. I don't think any of my boys will eat it. It is not fun to cook a dinner that no one will eat. Please see previous number 5 which was earlier this week. Not fun at all. Maybe I will just make a tiny little casserole for myself and just serve the fellas plain old left over ham. That might work.

Hope your Thursday is off to a wicked good start!!

2 comments:

  1. Forget the casserole and go out and rake some leaves !!

    ReplyDelete