Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend in Review

We had a terrific weekend. Here are the highlights!

Friday night - We did nothing! It was great! I did spend some time getting the boy's uniforms and such ready for an early start on Saturday morning, but it was minimal.

Saturday - I got up bright and early to walk at 6:00 a.m. Karen, Connie and I hit the road and walked about 5 1/2 miles. Dashed home to shower and were out at the ball fields by 8:30 a.m. Chip's little team got drilled the first game, so bad in fact that they didn't even score. It was very lopsided. We got a quick break and then he had another game at 12:30 p.m. I used to really dislike double headers, but they don't bother so much now that he is a little older. In game two, Chip's team dominated. They won 19 - 2. Chip hit the ball like a brute in both games. After the game we had just enough time to catch a few minutes of the Bama game before we had to head out for Harold's first flag football game of the season. His Bears team won! They are FINALLY the tall team! Go Bears! Once that was over we sped home to watch the fourth quarter of the Bama game. I gnawed all the fingernail polish off of my fingers before the Tide pulled out a win. That was a close one. I was in bed by 9:00! LOVELY!!

Sunday - Woke up at 6:45 a.m., which honestly felt like noon. When you usually get up at 4:45 a.m., getting two extra hours of sleep is bliss! I got in a 10 mile walk with Connie and Karen then it was off to the pool. Might be looking at one of the last couple swims of the summer. The water is cooling off and although right now it still feels nice once you get used to it, our temperatures next week are going to be lower and probably make it nearly brutal to swim. We have definitely had another summer where we got plenty of use out of the pool, but it will still be sad to hang up our pool towels for another season.

I will leave you with some pictures of my boys in action. First is Harold in his flag football game:












A quarterback, ball boy and coach. We have it covered.

Now here is a little photo shoot with my boy Chip. He is a professional at making goofy faces to mess me up!











He's a treasure.
Hope you are relaxed and refreshed from your weekend activities! Bring on Monday, I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment