Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nice Weekend Around These Parts

This weekend has been pretty nice so far. Earlier in the week we had rain in the forecast for most of the weekend, but Friday and Saturday have been lovely so far. Here is a little recap.

Friday morning, I did my run and it wasn't terrible. Wasn't great, but not bad. That is progress!!!

Friday night we went to see the Harlem Globetrotters and it was as funny as I remember it being as a kid. We had seats right behind the benches and could hear the coaches and players talking to each other and that made the show even better.


The Globetrotters won....shocking, right?


Had an early 8:00 a.m. game for Chip on Saturday. I fooled around with my camera settings in that giant, poorly lit, gym and tried desperately to get a couple decent pictures. I took 70 and liked one. This is it. It was a great pass. Good job Chip. Must do some more research to see what helps take better photographs in the dark, cavernous insides of a gym. Must be something.

I fixed up the fireplace all by myself on Saturday afternoon, sand, rocks, little wool ember deals. It worked like a charm, looks great and didn't even make a big mess. Who knew?? Mark that off the list.

Then I went shopping, looking for some new light fixtures to replace some of the dated gold ones that were original to the house. Just can't find anything that I love. Should I settle? Honestly, anything would be better than what we have. Or, do I keep looking? I will probably keep looking. I have waited this long may as well get something I really love. Or at least like ALOT!!

I also popped into a few fabric stores to see if I could find some fabric to inspire me. Nothing. Maybe its me.

Came home, raked some leaves, cleaned out the front flower beds. Covered the giant hole to China that Chip has been digging in the front flower bed. He has been working on it for days. He did a pretty good job too!

Then worked on my Bible study homework, played 40 rounds of Connect 4 X 4 with Chip, made blueberry muffins, took a long soak in a super hot bath. AHHHH!

The boys both ended up upstairs in my room after my bath. There was some carrying on going on! Harry was acting like a crab with a laundry basket on his back. Don't know where he comes up with this stuff, but it was funny. Chip was in dying in fits of hysterical laughter. It was a nice way to wrap up a relaxing day.

Today we have mucho homework to get through. A rocket to build, some Biology books to create about DNA or something like that. Hopefully, it won't take all day!

Hope your weekend has been enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment