Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten Totally Random Tidbits

Good Tuesday morning that feels weirdly like a Monday morning around these parts! It is time for another "Ten Totally Random Tidbits" posts. Brace yourself, it's going to be really random. You have been warned.

1. Chip had a stomach ache, head ache, cough and sore legs this morning. I took him to school anyway. He is a faker. I hope he is a faker.

2. My hubby was in Casablanca, Morocco last night. He had lamb brains and liver for dinner. Gag me with a pitchfork.

3. Chip had 11 rebounds and 2 baskets in his basketball game this weekend. He also had his first foul called against him. He ran hard, worked hard and played really well. They lost by a basket. He didn't care.

4. Harry worked on a Glogster project this weekend about the effects of war on the children of Iraq. So heartbreaking. What the heck is a Glogster?? In a different class he had to create a video newscast with a small group. They were recording, editing, uploading to the computer, rearranging the clips, doing transitions to come up with their final product. How old are these kids?

5. My laundry is completely done. Completely done. Washed, folded, put away. It is a beautiful thing.

6. I worked on a jigsaw puzzle at Peggy's house this weekend. I forgot how much I love jigsaw puzzles. It was addicting. Had to force myself to walk away.

7. I am memorizing two bible verses a month. My selection for January 15th - John 4:19 "We love because He first loved us." I am a memory verse slacker. I am drawn to short, sweet verses.

8. Working on life goal #43 this weekend - "Get caught up on my filing". I put up a big table in my office and have paper from one end to the other. I am working through it though! My goal is to have it completely done by Friday and then I will be marking number #43 as complete on the 50 Things to do Before I am 50 List! Then to maintain. That will be the trick.

9. I have new fabric swatches taped to my wall in the kitchen and living room. Time for Mom to head to Texas with her sewing machine in hand. Time for a revamp of some window treatments and maybe a coat or two of new paint around these parts!

10. I love bread.

Hope your week is off to a great start! Going for a walk and then back to the filing!

No comments:

Post a Comment