Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Coping with Carbs

I am going to be completely honest here. My house is full of sick people.

I am not one of them. Feel very fortunate after witnessing the aftermath of the violent stomach virus sweeping the family! Ewww....

Here comes the being completely honest part....on my desk is a giant loaf of fresh french bread I picked up at the store yesterday. I am working, nursing people, arguing with Chip about why he cannot play video games and randomly and occasionally ripping a big hunk of bread off the loaf and shoving it in my mouth.

Why?

Can you recharge yourself with carbs? No.

Can carbs make you more patient? No.

Do carbs have caffeine to keep you awake after a sleepless night? No.

Can carbs disinfect a house? No.

Can carbs jump start your brain to help you finish a work project for a looming deadline? No.

So why am I reaching for big, fat, white bread carbs?

I WANT TO....THAT IS WHY!!! Carbs soothe me, I think. They also fill out my damn pants.

Bread is the devil. I am going to go throw the rest in the trash.

Maybe.

I wonder if chocolate can do any of those things?

Hmmmm.....potential experiment in the making. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you get the stomach virus you won't have to worry about the couple pounds you put on eating all of that bread. Always looking for a positive... :o)

    ReplyDelete