Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Harry

Through the years.... You have been my pride and joy. Your compassionate, kind heart is a beautiful thing to see in action and to think that I had anything to do with your wonderful spirit is one of my life's greatest joys. I wanted you so desperately and from the moment you were born I have been living my life's dream...to be a mom. As much as I dreamed about it and imagined what being a mom would be like...my imagination didn't come close to how amazing it has been to live this dream every day. When I first laid eyes on you I thought my heart would burst with love. As impossible as it may seem, that love has done nothing, but grow and grow and grow and grow. It seems impossible to love you more...and then I do.

I am so proud of you. You are so kind. So polite. Generous. And cute!! Don't even get me started. You work hard at school. You are such a rule follower. In fact, I hope in some small ways you find a way to break the rules a little. Just a little. Nothing to get you hurt or make me worry too much, but just enough to know you can live outside the box sometimes. You are funny. Such a quirky little fellow with your weird voices and crazy antics. I love to hear your laugh when something really cracks you up. I love the way you call me "Mama" and throw yourself in my office floor every day after school to tell me about your day. I even love how you stall at night when you don't want to go to bed. I love how proud you are of your little brother sometimes. I love that you want to be a good big brother (even though that doesn't always work out!).

It seems impossible to believe that you are 15. I know it has been the absolute greatest 15 years of my life. I can't wait to see what the next 15 years bring!

Happy birthday my sweet, sweet boy!

I crazy love you.

Mom

1 comment:

  1. He sure has his Mama's eyes! Happy Birthday Harry!!!! And congrats to you M&B on raising such a wonderful son.

    ReplyDelete