Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Monday

Good day all! It's Monday - AGAIN! Everyone in our house was moving a bit slow this morning as our week gets kicked off. It is going to be a busy week...but we are almost to Spring Break and that just makes me so dang happy!!

We had a good weekend. We didn't have any games scheduled so we used it for running lots of errands, working on homework, exercising and working on some projects.

I have been cutting out cardboard shapes for the Lakeside craft projects until my fingers hurt! Almost done. I need 65 total and I think I only have about 18 more crosses to cut out. Then that part will be done. I have also started assembling the "kits" with the different cut outs and pieces and parts. My dining room is being used as the assembly area and it is absolutely destroyed. Maybe I should take a picture to show you. Maybe not.

In addition to that massive undertaking, Chip had to work on his Abraham Lincoln presentation poster and costume. We have fortunately found all the parts for his costume. Who knew Party City would have an Abe Lincoln beard and hat for $9? I have never been happier to part with $9 in my life. Didn't know quite how I was going to make a beard and giant hat and now I don't have to! Hip Hip Hooray. Peggy had a black suit that fits him so we are good to go on that front. A relief to get that pulled together without having to scour Goodwill or thrift stores.

Harry had to work on a Singles Ad for his English class and a Power Point presentation about Biotechnology for his Biology class. The ad turned out pretty cute and I can barely understand the biotechnology stuff, but I think he is on the right track. Harry also started his on-line driver's ed program. This is really happening, isn't it?

Hubby's ear is still not good. No improvement with the steroids, but I do think they said it could be 60 - 90 days before any improvement is noticed. Fingers crossed, prayers said that he will regain some hearing in that ear. We went out to dinner a couple of times this weekend and it is very difficult in a noisy restaurant for him to pick up conversation. He said, the conversation at a table behind us is crystal clear, but he can't understand what someone sitting in front of him is saying. I am sure he will be able to make adjustments, but it is going to be hard. We are all trying to be sure and talk louder when addressing him, but not so loud when we aren't.

We had another fun afternoon at the YMCA yesterday and I set a new personal best of swimming 60 lengths in 50 minutes. I am trying to get to 71, which would be a mile. That is far, but I feel sure I can do it. Must swim faster! I was all kinds of sore this morning. That's good, right? Only squeezed in 7 hours of exercise last week which is way off my goal. Stupid work interfered big time! Hope to get back up to 10 or 12 hours this week.

This post ended up much longer than I expected! I will wrap up this blog and get back to my manic Monday! I hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

No comments:

Post a Comment