Friday, March 25, 2011

She's a Maniac

This morning at 5:45 a.m. I went for a run/walk. Me and Martha ran farther than we have in a good long while. She is a good motivator. And even better, she does most of the talking when we are running so I can concentrate on breathing and moving. Still super slow, but it felt really good.

Then at 8:30 this morning I did a BodyStep class at the YMCA. It is a high impact calorie burning aerobic workout with a step. I didn't put any risers under my bench and I was still gasping, breathing hard, and struggling a bit to master the steps. Peggy was in there with me and she is a BodyStep master. There are some moves that are just ridiculous hard. Traveling at a diagonal across the bench, doing a "T" step, two knees a glut squeeze with three "Ponies". WHAT???? Last week two people I didn't know came up to me after the class and told me to stick with it. Said it would get easier. That means I was a hot damn confused mess during the class so it was obvious that I was relatively new to BodyStep. Today, I got no unsolicited advice so I am also going to call that progress. Sweaty, sweaty progress. Can't even imagine how much I am going to sweat when I figure out what I am doing and can actually do all the moves without stopping to figure them out!

Directly following BodyStep there was a BodyPump class. It is a weight lifting class that I have done many times now. Beth and Beverly were coming to that class so I thought I would stick around and do it. I wasn't going to try to lift much weight and I didn't. It was still hard.

Squats - Hard!
Triceps - Painful. My arms are on fire!
Chest - This one I like! Probably means I am doing it wrong!
Back - I like this one too! The "clean and press" makes me feel like an athlete.
Lunges - HATE THEM. Doing something so wrong I just know it. Calves on FIRE!
Push ups - YUCK
Shoulders - OUCH!
Ab work - Someone kill me!

My BodyBugg armband said I burned 2,040 calories between 5:30 and 11:00 a.m.

I'm a Maniac!

I took some preventative Aleve and Motrin in anticipation of being super sore!

Now I am cranking out some work and I am starving.

I hope your Friday is cruising you in to a beautiful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment