Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Connected

For the last six weeks or more, my work laptop has been cycling in and out of internet connection. Usually, every 8 minutes or so. I get all logged in and work feverishly, then it kicks me out and I do it again. It made my day so long and frustrating. We had the cable folks out many times. They said we had a weak connection they couldn't figure out why. I have since begun the process of switching cable provider companies, going with a different kind of technology in hopes of fixing the weak signal and keeping my laptop online.

Yesterday, I was supremely frustrated having worked on a couple of things and gotten almost done when the cable dropped again. ARRGGHHH!! I wanted to pitch the whole damn kit and kaboodle out in the backyard.

Last night when Hubby got home I asked him if he could help me hardwire my computer into the internet instead of using the wireless. He did. In about 2.5 seconds.

Praise the Lord....it is working beautifully and I could not be more grateful!!! I think the heavens may have actually opened and angels may have been singing at about 11:00 this morning when I realized I had been online for hours.

If you are computer whiz and it is obvious to you that I should have tried this weeks ago, please keep that information to yourself. I do not want to know how stupid I am. It is better living in my world that way.

So I have been a working machine today!! Processing mods like it is my job! Oh wait, it IS my job!! Now I can perform said work in a remarkably speedy fashion. Never have I been more thrilled.

Am I sad that I have a giant pit in my backyard that maybe I didn't need? Nah! I like change and until I am ready to paint another room I will be satisfied with changing the cable.

Woo Hoo!!!

Today's gonna be a good day! Today's gonna be a good, good day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment