Friday, April 15, 2011

Pit Diggers

If you were wondering how things are going on the cable front...they are still digging in my back yard!

Are they digging to China? If so, I think Chip may want in on that one!

Remember the hole he dug in my front flower bed?

Did I ever tell you what his Daddy did to him when he was in the process of daily digging that hole deeper and deeper in the front yard?

No?

Well it is pretty funny, so let me me tell you!

To refresh...remember that one day Chip asked me if he could dig a hole with the shovel. Sure I tell him. Little did I know it was going to be a daily project. Every day Chip is digging that hole. He is a diligent little digger. The hole is getting bigger and bigger. Finally, his Dad asks him why he is digging the hole so deep. Chip says just as innocently as he can - I am trying to dig to China.

Later in the week, Hubby went to take the trash out to the back yard and came busting through the front door yelling for Chip. Chip comes racing around the corner? WHAT DAD?? Dad says "There is a Chinese guy in our front yard! I think he came out of your hole!"

Chips eyes got so big. He ran over to the window and real cautiously peeked around the edge to see what or who was in the front yard.

His Dad starting laughing, which immediately alerted Chip that he had been fooled. Poor sweet gullible kid!

We covered the hole the next day.

I think he was worried it might really happen.

Not sure when my pit will be finished. I will keep you posted.

This is titilating reading, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!! How about some pictures of the guys that are doing the digging? ;o)

    ReplyDelete