Thursday, June 2, 2011

Is Anyone Still Reading This Thing?

That question keeps running through my head.

You will be happy to know that I have given myself five blog demerits for being so delinquent with posting. Not sure if I have any readers still hanging around. I feel like I might be talking to myself. But not actually talking, but thinking out loud with my fingers. I guess it is actually not even thinking out loud because it really just in my head. So really, I am letting my fingers read my mind and transfer the message to the screen. Man, I am confused.

Mom and Dad, are you still there??? Anyone???? Tap, tap, tap...is this thing on? Hello??

I will just carry on like there is someone on the other side of the screen. Let's see....summer is off to a good start. Video game limitations have been set. Not sure how well it is going. I think I might be getting a little bit scammed, but honestly if it works even a little bit it will be better than nothing.

Kids have been swimming, playing with baseball cards, friends, studying for their Driver's permit. That's only Harry. Chip has about seven more years till he needs to study for that. Right now there is a rousing game of indoor hide and seek going on. Not my favorite, but it is fun for them. A little exercise, a little screaming, running, dashing, jumping. Good times.

Random Topic Change: It has come to my attention that I never reported back on Chip's EEG. Well, his little brain is still acting abnormal so we are going to keep him on his seizure medication. No biggie, except we will have to go back for another EEG next year and his Dad will likely fall asleep again in the little room. Maybe we won't tell Dad when the appointment is next time. Might be easier.

Back to summer...we have had some really sad happenings in the neighborhood over the last couple of days. A mom who has a daughter in Chip's grade was diagnosed with terminal leukemia. I don't know her personally, but certainly know who she is. She was sent home with Hospice care and the doctors think she has just a few weeks to live. Ugh. A grandpa of a fifth grader died playing tennis on our neighborhood courts on Sunday night. Ugh. Another neighbor has been diagnosed with cancer. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Makes me both want to curl up on the couch, make my boys sit in my lap so I can snuggle with them and hold them like a baby and/or ride a bull named Fu Manchu. Can't imagine getting a grim diagnosis like that. What do you do? What do you say to your kids? The mom with leukemia had never been to the beach. She went last week. There is a gift card drive and a meal calendar circulating for the family. It seems like such a small thing, but I hope it let's them know that our community is rallying around them.

Quick clarification: I never want to ride a bull named Fu Manchu.

But what else would I wish I had done? I haven't marked anything off of my 50 Things to do Before I am 50 list in a couple months. It is time to pick something out and do it. I will hopefully knock lots of things off the list when we go to Alaska in July. Surely I can do something on the list between now and then.

Maybe I will work on #34 and take a Yoga class next week. I am scared of Yoga. People who do Yoga seem very Zen and stretchy. I will probably fart while trying to do a back bend. Do you do back bends in Yoga? Surely that would be advanced Yoga and not beginner Yoga. Maybe I can be Zen and stretchy without farting. It's possible. I will keep you posted.

Bob and Lana are coming back to Texas next week. Yay! We are going to freshen up the kitchen. I have a list already started. Make some new curtains, install new blinds or fix the ones I have, touch up the cabinets, repaint the kitchen table, pick out some light fixtures.... Should be fun!

Need to get back to work. I have a hard letter to write and I need to start it. I have been stalling.

We have our baseball team party tonight. Really looking forward to it! I made Pioneer Woman's crazy yummy pasta salad with tons of veggies and this amazing dressing. Can't wait to eat it! That is not a lie. I really couldn't wait. I already ate some for lunch. It was yummy.

That is all. If anyone is still reading this.....thanks for your patience, persistence, and perseverance. You are troopers!

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Still a faithful reader. Sad news all around today. It really makes you stop and think about how silly we are to worry about the trivial day to day things. How does one face leaving this world with children yet to raise? Makes me crazy to ponder it.

    LOVE yoga. Gotta try it. I have a DVD that I will loan you so you can give it a whirl in the privacy of your own home!

    ReplyDelete