Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's Official....

The sweet baby boy that I brought into this world just five minutes ago passed his driver's permit test today. He is legal to get behind the wheel of a car.



If you are looking for me, I will be in my room crying.

No really, I am super proud of him. He will be a great driver and I am not worried at all.

That is a lie.

A big fat lie.

I am worried.

Worried he will get hurt.
Worried he will hurt someone else.
Worried he will wreck the car.
Worried he will leave in the car and never come home.

So really...I will be in my room crying. And praying. Lots and lots of praying.

Actually, it is just a permit. He still has to have a license driver over 21 in the car with him at all times.

It is going to be fine.
It is going to be fine.
It is going to be fine.

I love you Harry.
Be careful out there.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!
    its going to be fine, until the first time you drive together on 620. then you will really be fine until....its your first time to ride with him on the toll road....then you will be fine truly....until it is the first time to ride with him on IH35. then....you will be fine (maybe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you. I told mine he is not driving until he is 35. He voiced his concern that he would have a job by then (certainly good news) and how would he get to his job. I assured him that his mama would drive him. He seems to think that would be embarrassing. He's 8, I'm keeping my head in the sand awhile longer! Hopefully in another 7 years I will be as well adjusted as you.

    ReplyDelete