I have been uninspired to write for the last few days. A bit lethargic. Taking lots of deep sighs. Summer is winding down. Vacations are over. Reality of a busy calendar and schedule is staring me in the face. I don't like it.
If I don't make eye contact, maybe it won't be happen. I try that with Astro sometimes and it works. I'll keep you posted on my luck with ignoring the calendar.
Anyway, until I get a fire lit under me, here is a quick "Ten Random Tidbits" for you.
1. We went to the Melting Pot for my birthday dinner. It was fun. Surprising how when you get each course with the little plates of veggies, meats, breads it seems like it won't be enough food. Tiny pieces. Cooking them individually. Takes forever to eat. Then the dessert comes out and you are so full you can't move. Chip is in love with Rice Krispie treats dipped in chocolate.
2. I got a Nook Color for my birthday. Great gift and I have already read two books.
3. Harry started Cross Country practice this morning. I woke him at 5:45 a.m. He said it was hard.
4. I started a new eating strategy. Paleo. Eating like a caveman. Lean meats, fruits and veggies. A few nuts and good oils thrown in. Day three and it is not bad. Again, I will keep you posted. It feels terrifically healthy.
5. Family Uno is dominating our evenings. I am losing big time. Is there a real strategy or is it more luck of the draw?
6. The boys are pet sitting, which means I am also pet sitting. Three dogs, two cats. Chip loves it and takes much pride in taking care of those pets. It is good.
7. It is so damn hot here and we need some rain. Seriously.
8. We went to The Container Store yesterday. I love that place.
9. My sister's husband Kevin's mom was brought home with hospice recently and it does not seem she has very long on this earth. Say a prayer for Pat and all of her family, who will miss her so desperately when she is gone.
10. That is all. Can't even come up with a #10, so I will end with nine!
Hope your Monday jumps off the start of a wonderful week!