Monday, August 8, 2011

Ten Random Tidbits

I have been uninspired to write for the last few days. A bit lethargic. Taking lots of deep sighs. Summer is winding down. Vacations are over. Reality of a busy calendar and schedule is staring me in the face. I don't like it.

If I don't make eye contact, maybe it won't be happen. I try that with Astro sometimes and it works. I'll keep you posted on my luck with ignoring the calendar.

Anyway, until I get a fire lit under me, here is a quick "Ten Random Tidbits" for you.

1. We went to the Melting Pot for my birthday dinner. It was fun. Surprising how when you get each course with the little plates of veggies, meats, breads it seems like it won't be enough food. Tiny pieces. Cooking them individually. Takes forever to eat. Then the dessert comes out and you are so full you can't move. Chip is in love with Rice Krispie treats dipped in chocolate.

2. I got a Nook Color for my birthday. Great gift and I have already read two books.

3. Harry started Cross Country practice this morning. I woke him at 5:45 a.m. He said it was hard.

4. I started a new eating strategy. Paleo. Eating like a caveman. Lean meats, fruits and veggies. A few nuts and good oils thrown in. Day three and it is not bad. Again, I will keep you posted. It feels terrifically healthy.

5. Family Uno is dominating our evenings. I am losing big time. Is there a real strategy or is it more luck of the draw?

6. The boys are pet sitting, which means I am also pet sitting. Three dogs, two cats. Chip loves it and takes much pride in taking care of those pets. It is good.

7. It is so damn hot here and we need some rain. Seriously.

8. We went to The Container Store yesterday. I love that place.

9. My sister's husband Kevin's mom was brought home with hospice recently and it does not seem she has very long on this earth. Say a prayer for Pat and all of her family, who will miss her so desperately when she is gone.

10. That is all. Can't even come up with a #10, so I will end with nine!

Hope your Monday jumps off the start of a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Some days are like this with the blobs but they go away when you get in the school routine. Who went to the container store with you? Did you anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me before with the comment. Mer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mom!! Look at you leaving a comment! I am totally and completely thrilled and impressed!

    The whole family went to The Container Store which was a huge mistake. I could have stayed for hours and we were in and out in less than 20 minutes. The whole time, my sweet little Chip walked next to me saying "What are you looking for?" "What else do you need?" "Why are you looking at that?". Uber awesome.

    We got some new containers for school lunches, some foam zip ties for tying together and organizing cables and a tiny microfiber cloth to clean screens, glasses, etc.

    I need to go back ALONE, so I can linger and dream of an organized closet, dresser, kitchen drawer, linen closet....ahhhhhh.

    Comment again soon, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a blob???? LOL! Dang girl, you have been traveling non stop for at least 3 months now and doing all kind of activities. No wonder you are spent. Take a long deserved rest. See you when you recover.

    ReplyDelete