Friday, September 23, 2011

Capturing the Moments

I have had two crazy busy days.  So glad it is Friday.  Today, my phone was ringing off the hook and my email inbox was filling up faster than I could empty it.....I was STRESSED out! 

So, what did I do?  I took a 10 minute break and I looked at these:








My sweet boys.

Pictures just make me smile. 

Makes me also realize I did not take enough pictures of my boys when they were little.  I thought I had alot, but now looking back I realize that I didn't get nearly enough. I should have taken one every single day so I could remember how sweet and precious they were as tiny little people.  I should have taken one of every finger, every toe, every hair on their little heads.  And on my little Chipster - that would have been a ton of pictures!  That boy had hair for DAYS!

Here are a couple of pictures I took of Chip's hand while we were at the park.  Aren't they just precious?  A dirty little hand that has been playing hard at the park.  That was only last year and now his hand seems double that size.




I tell you all this because I AM INSPIRED!

I am going to keep my camera on the kitchen counter every day and take  pictures of them while they are sleeping, while they are telling me a story, while they are walking home from the bus stop, while they are reading, while they are playing their video games, petting the dog, bouncing a ball, watching tv, eating dinner, brushing their teeth.  I will be like paparazzi!

Capturing the mundane moments of the quickly passing days of their childhood.  From the few minutes I spent looking at old pictures today, I know that they will be my most prized possession when my guys are grown and I want to go back and talk a little walk down memory lane. 

So, if you are looking for me I will be taking pictures!!

Have a great weekend!



4 comments:

  1. I am going to borrow your idea. What better way to combat stress than to look at sweet babies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea. Children grow so fast and life gets in the way and memories fad.
    Love the baby pictures
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mer loves the baby pictures as do I, but I also like the sports pictures you take with that awesome camera you have. I hope you solve your stress problems but keep sending pics. Dad

    ReplyDelete