It has been a busy week, with early mornings, late evenings and lots of stuff in between. Here are five good things that happened today and five not so good things. We will call this Five and Five.
Several good things have happened today.
1. It rained. Actually, it poured. For about 15 minutes. I went running from the house, threw open the front door, and gave the rain a standing ovation on my front porch. I may have even shouted a little Woo Hoo. Well...let's be honest...I definitely shouted a Woo Hoo. I know this because my neighbor Karen across the street called and said "Did I just hear you yelling outside?" It was so outstanding to see the rain falling from the sky. We have a decent chance of rain for the next several days. Go Rain, Go Rain, Go Rain! We need it so desperately.
2. It is Friday. Hello weekend, I have missed you. TGIF!! I am pooped. It has been a busy, productive week. I am glad it is over. Me and Chip sang "Last Friday Night" at the top of our lungs this morning on the way to school. I am fairly certain that is not appropriate for a nine year old, but it just felt right.
3. My house is clean. Nothing better to start the weekend.
4. Hubby's Jeep is fixed. It cost a bit to get a new battery and some other plugs, filters, air generators, thingamabobs and whatchamacallits, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blahs...but it should not have to be push started. There is just no price you can put on that.
5. The present I sent to my niece "The Queen" arrived in time for her Taylor Swift concert tomorrow night. Cannot wait to see the pictures. That little eight year old girl is going to be more decked out than Taylor herself!
Some things that are not so good.
1. Harry lost his new Cross Country shirt at the last meet. He says there is no lost and found. I think he is wrong. There must be. Kids lose stuff all the time.
2. The kids have to be at the High School at 5:00 a.m. to head to their cross country meet. That means the alarm will be going off at approximately 4:15 a.m. tomorrow. As stated in number 3 above...I'm pooped. Getting up at 4:15 a.m. is not restful. At all.
3. The cat barfed on the carpet last night. She is gross and her barf is even more gross.
4. I have to use a screwdriver to push down the button on my washing machine so it will do the spin cycle. I don't like that. I am going to take a picture of that rigged up mess, complete with remnants from a previous dismal duct tape repair job tomorrow to show you.
5. There are tiny ants upstairs in our master bathroom. What do they want? Why are they here? Please exit the area. I am going to talk to them tonight and tell them to take their little army of ant friends and head out of here exactly the same way they got in here. I will let you know if they listen.
I hope your weekend is more restful than mine and that you are not getting up in the 4s!
Look for some pictures from the washing machine, XC and Baseball! ROLL TIDE!!
Oh, wait a minute....I have a number 6 on the not so good list:
6. My right nostril is bugging the ever loving heck out of me. I don't know if it is wild, crazy growing hair, mosquito bite, foreign substance, unfortunate insect, weird African nostril attacking critter or WHAT, but it is itchy, bothersome and keeps making me sneeze. I have been plucking nose hairs out of my right nostril all day. I think when I was little someone told me you could bleed to death if you pulled out a nose hair. I hope that is wrong or I am done for. I still haven't gotten that sucker yet either. Right nostril is bugging the heck out of me. I am about to get a flashlight and Hubby's nose hair trimmer and get down to some serious business. If I pull out half of a weird African nostril attacking critter you will hear me screaming in Alabama.
Also, if I bleed to death from pulling out my nose hair, please don't tell people that. Lie. Tell them I was running a marathon and had a heart attack. Or better yet, that I was rescuing small children from a house fire and died from smoke inhalation. The nose hair plucking is just so unglamorous.