Thursday, September 8, 2011

Geek Squad

Quick Update: I have spent the last hour with my technical support staff ( which is really just me mumbling out loud with an angry/serious face on) trying to figure out what is going on with my blog. Here are the highlights:

1. When Blogger updated a few days ago, there was a place you had to click to activate to allow mobile devices to see and comment on your blog. I have activated that and now I think there should be no more greying out or blocking of comments on phones and/or iPads! Please let me know if it is corrected on your machine!

2. There was also a problem with my "Water for Eyeball" post and it was causing all the stuff on the right hand side of my blog to be at the bottom of the page. Weird. I don't know what the problem was, but when I reverted it to a "Draft" form everything went back to normal. So, goodbye Eyeball! You continue to be a pain in my rear end!

3. In all my clicking around, I noticed they added a new gadget where you can sign up to get sent an email alert if I add something to my blog. Isn't that so exciting?! I signed up myself so I can see what it looks like and also because I like to get mail and comments from my blog. It makes me happy.   If you would like to get an email notice sent to you whenever an update is posted, just enter your email address in the box on the top right hand side of this page where it says "Follow by Email" and click submit!  It will send you an email and to active your account you have to type in one of those weird words like "rucksaged" or "pannot".  What are those crazy words anyway?

4. I also reverted to a very simple layout and background in hopes that it would help me find the problems. Now that I have found them and know they are not related to the background I was using, I am too tired to fool with it and am just going to leave it plain jane for a while. I don't mind plain jane. I did see where you can put a photo slide show on your blog. DANGER! DANGER! I am all over that! Might just see what I can hose up by adding that feature!

I must get to work.  Two new assignments and not enough hours in the day! 

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for fixing your blog. It was like reading thru a negative. I also could not comment. Keep up the good work on blogging, This is great I like plain also.
    Love mer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can read on my phone again! Enjoyed our visit at practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading you loud and clear Houston. And I hate those typing those crazy capchas (fiofart) as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay. IT is working!!!!! On Firefox!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all is well. dont have a problem commenting. while i know you like the plain background. looking at the mountains were a great reminder to me that there is beauty out there. as it has been so stinking hot and brown here. c u in the morning.

    ReplyDelete