Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ten Random Tidbits

1. It seems that something may be going on with my blog? Is the text greying out after the screen has opened? Can you comment? I don't have any idea if I accidentally changed something or if it is a Blogger problem or what! If you are not having issues and can comment, then please do. Otherwise, I may never hear from any of you again. Goodbye forever.

2. Oh, hi there. Forever isn't that long apparently.

3. Texas wildfires. Have you heard about them on the news? They are awful. We are not extremely close to the danger zone, but we are definitely in the vicinity. Today, there is no wind and our cul-de-sac is hazy with smoke and smells like smoke. It is very unsettling. I want to pack up the car with our important papers, but apparently there is no immediate threat and we do not have to evacuate. That is good, but I am still drawn to my front door every 10 minutes to see if it is worse and/or if it is gone.

4. Bible study today was good. I had to ask what the word "consecrate" means. Should that embarrass me? It didn't. I made the Louisiana Coffee Cake and it was much better than tumor bread. Next time, I am breaking out a very old recipe and making Strawberry Bread.

5. Labor Day weekend was very low key. We didn't go anywhere or do much of anything. I gotta tell you...that was nice!

6. I did a 17 mile bike ride on Monday and have walked Tuesday and Wednesday at o'dark thirty. My left butt cheek is killing me. I hope that is something good, like a muscle that is waking up and not something bad, like a muscle that is ripped off. Getting old is for the birds.

7. Harry sent me a text message this morning after cross country practice that said "We had a time trial and I made the JV team for the meet this weekend." So proud of him. I don't know if that means every kid made the JV team or is a few are not going to get to go. I hope everyone gets to go.

8. Fall baseball starts this weekend and Chip has a double header. It is his first season of Kid Pitch. I think I may miss the first game because of the track meet, but I think we will be able to catch the second game. I hope it goes well. It is a big change from coach pitch to kid pitch. There is stealing, leading off, and kids throwing a ball at you that may or may not go anywhere near the plate! YIKES! I hope they have practiced getting out of the way of a wild pitch! Go River Bandits!

9. Chip was being a bit of a pill last night. That means he was back talking, hard talking, just generally being a brat. Not terribly unusual when he is tired and cranky. After Chip went to bed, Harry came downstairs and sat down on the couch next to me and said "Mom, I think Chip needs some more discipline. Do you want me to put him in a headlock and push him to the ground when he starts acting like a jerk?" I told him that I did not think I needed his assistance at this time. That I thought I should keep handling Chip my way. He said "I am not sure your way is working." I said "Neither am I. I guess we will find out in about twenty years." He shrugged his shoulders as if to say "Oh well, I tried." Then as he is walking away I told him I thought he was going to be a wonderful dad. He says to me "My kids are going to be awesome." I said "You should have never said that. Now you are sure to be a father to the biggest brat known to man." It's just the way the universe works.

10. Our visit to Lakeside is next Wednesday! I am cutting fabric, buying toilet paper by the gross and getting excited to kick off some fun fall crafts with the residents! I can't wait to show you pictures of these cute pumpkins!

Have a terrific day...and please let me know if you are having any issues reading my blog!

Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. I have no trouble when I am reading on my computer, but it grays on my phone. I'm pretty sure that Jason needs a big brother. Any chance you want to loan him Chip's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure that Chip would have handed his big brother over willingly to the first offeror if he had overheard the conversation last night!

    I'm wondering how bad a parent you are when your fifteen year old feels compelled to give you parenting advice. Geez!

    Of course, I flipped the tables on him and asked him what advice he might have for a parent of a fifteen year old that maybe plays a little more XBOX than is healthy.

    He said "I don't see a problem with that."

    I think maybe he just likes putting his little brother in a headlock.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get the graying on my desk top but Mom gets it on her Ipad. She also can't make comments. I also noted that you had two comments about this blog but when I looked only 1 showed up. Hope you get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. grrrr. I tried to post this and I don't see it. It works in Explorer but not Firefox. hmmmmm???
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see it normally and can post comments normally. No problems here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No greying text here! How sweet for Tyler to offer his assistance. Love your blog with my morning coffee. Have a great day Melissa!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more gray! Love the plain white background. I can also send comments now. You fixed it yeah! LLL

    ReplyDelete