Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Recap

Another weekend has come and gone and unfortunately, it flew right past me! 

It's Monday.  All......day.....long.

I have been working since about 6:45 this morning and decided to take a few minutes and post some pictures I took this weekend.  My parents both sent me sweet comments recently about how much they enjoy the pictures and I am a pleaser, so more pictures I will give them.  I wonder if being a pleaser is part of being the middle child.  I'm sure it is.

Here is the recap!  Saturday morning I was driving the carpool at 5:45 a.m., running the boys up to school for the Cross Country meet.  I came home, snagged a shower and was back on the road by 7:30.

When I arrived at the meet, the Freshman herd had just run past and kicked up an enormous amount of dust.  The aftermath of dust in the air was beautiful in the early morning light.

I spotted the Dragon tent from across the camp out.  It looks like a campsite.  Pillows, blankets, ice chests...there was stuff everywhere.

This course had a cool little wooded area where you could stand in the shade and watch the runners for a portion of the race.  This guy on the bike was the "rabbit".  He led the runners so they would know where to go.  The first time he went by this little guy standing by me said "OMG, you're winning.  Hurry, hurry, they are coming!"

This next series of pictures is the start of the JV Boys race.  I just hit click, click, click, click when the gun went off.  Don't strain to hard to find Harry, he is all the way on the other side.  I just thought if you had never been to a race that this might give you some idea of how many kids are running and the big rush to get off the starting line.  It is really impressive.









 Then Harry popped out of the crowd. 

I screamed "Go Harry!"  I am sure he was so happy that I was this close. 

Here he is in the shaded woods.  So nice to be out of the blazing sun.

Back out in the flats.  Almost done. 

I didn't make it back to the finish line before he crossed, but this is him in the holding area.  He doesn't even look sweaty.  However I wish I would have gotten a picture of his teeth.  DISGUSTING!  They were brown.  Dirt was all over them. Gross!

Rinsing of the teeth.  Good boy.  Oh, and get a drink too!

After that, it was a mad dash to get across town to Chip's baseball game.  I had missed the early game, so I definitely needed to see some of the second game.  During game two, Chip had his first visit to the mound from the coach. I thought it was so cute the way the catcher came out to the mound too.  Just like the pros do it.

Chip got it together a little bit, but the other team was just bigger and better and won pretty easily.  So they split the double header, won one and lost one.

Chip smashed a couple of hits and walked.   They only have three games left in the fall season.  Next Saturday we have a 6:00 p.m. game.  That might be cooler!   And the light will probably be fantastic for pictures!  Can't wait.

Right after baseball it was off to Chip's first flag football game.  Who the heck said he could play two sports?  I need a name!   Here he is directing a little traffic as QB.  His little team got beat pretty good, but Chip had fun and threw a touchdown pass. 

Whew.

I had started my early morning in jeans and a sweater cause it was chilly.  Lovely, lovely, lovely.  Chilly, chilly, chilly.  It has been far too long since we have felt chilly.  By the time we got done with football I was a sweaty mess.  Dang jeans felt like they were on fire with the sun beating down on them.   Could not wait to get into some A/C and some shorts!

We all crashed at the house Saturday afternoon and watched the Bama game.  It was a good one. Roll Tide.

I went out to dinner with some friends on Saturday night.  It was a terrific little restaurant I had never been to before with great drinks.  I had a Mexican Martini and it was served with the silver shaker thing.  I love that!  What I didn't love was the loud music.  We had to read lips half the night. Does that mean we are old?  Young people don't complain about the music being too loud, do they? 

So after all of our activities on Saturday we all slept in.  Except Chip.  He doesn't believe in sleeping in.  But he gets up and quietly goes down stairs so it is fine with us.  He used to wake us up.  That was not good.

Sunday, I had my camera out ready to capture some every day moments. This one is classic.  Harry wakes up, staggers downstairs, goes pee, then sprawls in the floor.  I do my "Hey buddy.  Good morning.  Did you sleep good?  Is your nose stuffy or do you feel much better?"  He gives me a few answers and then I start in with...

So what kind of homework do you have?

He grabbed the closest thing he could...a laundry basket.

He placed it gently over his head without a word.  If she can't see me, maybe I won't have to do homework.   I think he would have stayed in there all day to avoid me, but I made him come out. He spent a couple of hours doing homework and then Hubby took both of the boys to the pool.  It is getting late in the pool season and Chip said the water was kinda chilly.  It is going to be in the 100s again this week, so the pool should warm back up.

Dang summer...get outta here already.

I had a cross country fundraising meeting Sunday afternoon, so I missed the fun at the pool.  Then it was a trip to the grocery store, laundry, etc.  To top off my weekend, I went to book club last night.  I love book club.

So that was it.  It was a busy but fun weekend.   What did you do?  Any home improvement projects?  I am so ready to paint a wall!  I have paint swatches taped up on several walls in the house and as soon as I get a free weekend I am going to paint something! 

For the time being, I expect to be a bit overwhelmed with this new proposal for most of the week  month, so I may be MIA for a while!  Be patient Mom!  Have a great week everyone!   

5 comments:

  1. OMG your schedule exhausts me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures it was almost like being there except no heat , no dust on the teeth, and didn't have to get up early. Keep up the good work. I'll wait for the next blog but I won't like it. Ilove pioneer woman on Saturday morning. I feel like I know her after reading her book. And his name is Ladd not marboro man
    Love mer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, isn't "Ladd" a great name. Especially for a cowboy!

    I have not yet had a chance to watch her show, but I love everything else she has ever done, so I am sure I would love it!

    Have you made any of her recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, my goodness butter and cream cheese in mashed potatoes. I need my health a little longer. She made a pot roast cooked at 275 for 31/2 hours. It was fall apart good. She made blackberry cobbler, just like mine 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk ( I used buttermilk by adding 1 T vinegar). Then top with peaches. Bake 30 min @ 350. I have the show taped every Saturday morning.
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mayonaise is excellent in mashed potatoes along with the butter. My cousin, Evon, made crab imperial. Main ingredient lots of mayo and butter. OMG! They were so delicious.

    ReplyDelete