Friday, September 9, 2011

Wild Weekend Ahead

Happy Friday!  YIPEE!! 

It looks like all is well on the blog front!  Thanks for the wonderful comments yesterday and let's keep our fingers crossed that I don't hose anything else up for a while! 

Did any of you sign up for the email notice thingy?  It worked well for me yesterday.  It is actually more than just a notice that something has been posted...it is the actual post sent to your email.  Kinda neat!

On a different subject, I have a standing teleconference call every morning for a program that I support.  There are people from all over the country on the call.  This morning, one of the guys up in the DC area was asked how they were coping with all the rain.  He said "Well, between the earthquake, the hurricane, torrential downpours, flooding and the anticipated terrorists attacks things are pretty tense up here.  I would say "at least I have a roof over my head" but right now the roof in my office is leaking like a sieve and the two buckets in my office floor are filling up faster than I can dump them out.  But other than that...things are great!"  He was laughing the whole time.

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by all that I need to get done today, but after listening to him, I just laughed myself.  We do have a busy weekend ahead but the weather is going to be spectacular and I just can't wait.

Here are the highlights of our plans. 

First, we are helping host the first Pre-race Spaghetti Dinner for the Cross Country team tonight.  Try to figure out how many of the 80 kids might pop by for a little spaghetti fueling.  That is tricky. Making dozens of cookies, a giant salad, cooking pans of pasta and loaves and loaves of garlic bread this afternoon.  One of the few times in my life that a double oven would be so handy!

Chip has his first flag football practice tonight.  Need to get out and buy him a mouthpiece because his old one doesn't fit.  Darn, growing kids!

Saturday morning, Harry has to be at school about 6:30ish to catch the bus to his meet.  It is not a local race, so I will get on the road about 8:00 so I can see the start of the meet at 9:00. 

Chip has a double header in baseball.  Games at 11 and 1.  His first kid pitch game.  I hate to miss the first one, but can't be in two places at one time.  Since Dad is the baseball coach I am the logical choice to cover Harry's meet. This whole cross country thing is new and I am really looking forward to watching the kids.  I am planning to leave the XC meet after Harry runs and get back for Chip's second game. 

Good times!  I can't wait to take pictures and see my boys run their race and play their games.  It is going to be fun! 

Hope your weekend is awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Could the guy in DC kindly put those buckets of water on a truck and send them to Texas?

    Dinner for 80? You are a crazy woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did sign up for the email notification! LOVE it! I don't know if I can add a comment from my phone, but I sure can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was fixing to complain about not being notified and thought maybe I should check my mail again, and there it was. It is a good idea and thanks for setting it up. Here's hoping both boys do good this weekend and have loads of fun. Wish we were there! Dad

    ReplyDelete