Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yoga

I have to get this off my chest, because I have been careful not to say it....Hubby has been out of town the last couple of nights...but he is coming home tonight.  Whew, so glad it is safe for me to say that now, so no Blogger Stalker can hunt me down and kill me while he is gone.  I know he would hate to come home to a dead wife. 

Or would he? 

Kidding...totally kidding.  He would be sad.  So very sad.   I'm sure of it.  Well, kinda sure.  Seriously, he definitely would be devastated.  I'm sticking with that.

Wow, that was a morbid and weird lead in, wasn't it?  Just be glad you are not inside my head where all this stuff originates.  It can get pretty crazy in there!

So, the real reason I had to tell you that Hubby is gone is that I have not been able to keep up with my regular walking in the early morning hours.  AND I miss it.  Terribly. 

I most definitely needed to get some exercise done, so my plan on Tuesday was to get up at my regular time and try a Yoga DVD.  My sweet friend Sandy let me borrow it about 3 months ago and I have yet to put it in the DVD player.  I thought since I was housebound a couple of days this week that it would be the perfect time to see if the old body could do Yoga.  I might also be able to mark #34 off my 50 Things To Do Before I am 50 List.  All depending on whether I make it through the whole DVD or not!

But, here's the thing...I'm sore and stiff and kinda crippled in the morning. Who can do Yoga when they are sore and stiff and crippled?  Is anyone else out there sore and crippled in the morning?  Yoga seems like an activity you need to be a little loose or warmed up for. 

Is that making excuses or is that a valid concern? 

Please chime in if you have any expertise at all in Yoga.  This will be my maiden voyage into the world of Yoga so I am totally speculating on the need for flexibility and warm, loose muscles.  If what I see on TV is any indication you need to be a bit warmed up.

So you ask, why didn't you do it later in the day? Like, after you warmed up and got less crippled? 

That is a great question.  And I can only hang my head and say "I couldn't find a free hour in my day." 

Isn't that dumb?  I must have an hour somewhere?  I am going to find one today.  I need to find one, if for no other reason that I can't wait to write about styling and profiling while doing a downward dog or something.  I think Yoga is going to be hysterical!  

Yesterday, my limited "free time" outside of work was spent at the grocery store, tidying my house for Bible Study and being a math tutor to my darling little nine year old son.  I probably don't envision a new career path as a math tutor for myself, as my sweet student ended up in a sobbing heap on the floor.  You see, he was missing a step in the process of multiplying multiples.  I don't think it was so much the identification of his missing step as much as it was the fact that he would have to redo his math homework.  ALL fifteen problems.  I know, I know...the injustice of the whole situation.

I had to use every calming technique I possessed not to react to his "I'm so stupid. I can't do anything right.  You think I am stupid.  Math is stupid.  My teacher didn't show me that.  I hate Math.  That is not the way we do it." rant that took up a solid 30 minutes of my afternoon.  It was ugly. 

Perhaps if I had some Yoga training I could have dropped to the floor and struck a pose like this. 


That would have lightened the mood, would it not?  Since I do not have Yoga training I had to patiently wait while he got all that off of his chest and then show him how to do it.  He got it right away.  It was a small, but necessary step he was missing.  Maybe next time we can straight to the problem solving and learning and skip the wild and crazy ranting.  If not, I am going to be prepared with a signature Yoga pose.  Maybe something like this....



I wish you could see how hard I am laughing, because I can barely sit "indian style" as they called it back in my day.  These days I think it is "criss-cross applesauce" .   Anyway, I better get that DVD in and start stretching!! 

Hope your day is outstanding! 

7 comments:

  1. Those poses must be EXTREME yoga. I promise that you will see nothing like that on the DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is send pictures.
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing out loud. LLL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I watch the video when you're done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing hysterically here too!! I would love for you to try Bikram's Yoga and blog about it. Heck, I'd pay for you to try it and describe it. Laughing just thinking about it...only because I got my fat butt in there and about died. Please post pics of your yoga poses. ;o

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok...that was hysterical. LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you consider exchanging with the ultimate Bitcoin exchange service - YoBit.

    ReplyDelete