Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Best Broccoli Recipe Ever

After some urging by two of my eight readers I am happy to share the recipe for the Best Broccoli Ever that I tried last night.  This recipe is adapted from the Barefoot Contessa recipe that calls for pine nuts and basil, but I am more plain jane so I left those out.  If you are more adventerous or have a bunch of pine nuts laying around, please feel free to add them to your hearts content! 

Here is the gist of the recipe with my modifications.

Broccoli
Garlic
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Zest
Lemon Juice
Parmesan Cheese

Chop up the broccoli into florets.  Slice about two cloves of garlic very thinly. Spread the broccoli and garlic on a cookie sheet.   Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Roast in a 425 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes until crisp tender and the edges start to brown. 

Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with a little more olive oil, grate some lemon zest on the broccoli, squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the broccoli and then grate a generous amount of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.  Serve HOT!

DELICIOUS!!!

Unless of course, you are one of my two children who could not look at or enjoy the smell and wonder of all that is roasted broccoli without gagging.  Wait a minute...I don't think Hubby tried any either.  They are so weird.

1 comment: