Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day Friday!

Well, 11/11/11 is off to a very productive start!  Feels great!  I have a list on the counter of all the things I would like to get done this weekend!  It is long, but I feel energized by the fact that we have nothing on the calendar!  Woo Hoo!  It has been a long time since that has happened!

In addition to working, running errands and hitting the grocery store I have been kind of domestic today.  I just pulled some Banana Bread out of the oven and I have a big pot of beans on the stove!  I got one of the leftover ham bones from the Lakeside chef and I was determined to put it to good use!  Can't wait to taste these beans!  Don't you just love this time of year?  Nothing better than a pot of something warm and yummy on the stove. 

Speaking of yummy, I made Salmon Patties last night for dinner and the first bite took me straight back to Telstar Circle and Louise's kitchen table.  She was a master with the salmon patty.  Mine were good, but not nearly as good as hers.  Hubby ate them, the boys hated them.  I am sure Louise must have had a secret ingredient, or maybe it was just made with some special Nana love.  I miss her.  A lot.  Especially as the holidays approach. 

We officially kicked off the third annual Stuffed Animal and Book Drive for Brown Santa.  Me and Chip are going to pick up the first donations right after school!   Let's hope the garage gets filled to overflowing with donations for the kids! 

I would be remiss if I didn't say Happy Veteran's Day to the soldier's I know and love who have served our country.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me and my family all the freedoms that we enjoy.  Freedom isn't free and it takes brave people like you to take a stand and represent our awesome country!  God Bless you and God Bless America!

Hope your weekend is awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment