Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Buddy Update and Other Tidbits

We woke this morning to find Buddy FINALLY getting down to some serious business.  He spent his evening working on math homework.  I don't think he had much success as his page was filled with question mark after question mark, but he gets an A+ for effort.  And as a bonus, he did not make a mess. Thanks Buddy! 



He looks mischievous, doesn't he?

A couple other things that are on my mind:
  • Hubby's annual aneurysm scan was yesterday.  Prayers for no change or vast improvement would be appreciated.  
  • A cross country locker is an abyss.  A vacuum into which clothes are sucked, never to be seen again.  I dropped Harry off at school this morning with chilly 30 degree temperatures.  He had really struggled to find anything to wear to cross country this morning.  While I was at school I told him to go into the locker room and bring me out all of his clothes so I could wash them and he could have them for the next time he ran.  Out he comes with easily two loads of laundry in his arms.  I could barely see him, he had so many clothes in his arms.  How big are those Cross Country lockers anyway?  Do you use more than one?  In his pile:  A blanket; two hoodies; two pair of sweat pants; a pair of running tights; five shirts; three pairs of shorts; a towel; two water bottles; and untold number of underwear and socks.   No wonder the kid doesn't have anything to wear! 
  • Had several more donations of stuffed animals and books yesterday.  New grand total is 1,357 animals and books.  That is awesome! 
  • I am eating roasted broccoli at least two or three times a week.  I am addicted.  It is delicious.  If you haven't tried it...you must.  Please.  Promise me that you will.  Last night I threw in fresh brussel sprouts cut in half and some onion.  Outstanding.  
  • We played Yahtzee last night. Chip beat our pants off and he didn't even really know what the heck he was doing.  
  • A plain glazed Krispy Kreme donut has 190 calories.  Does that seem like a lot or a little to you?

Well that is all the time I have for now!  Must move some things off my desk and some laundry from the washer to the dryer!  I hope you are warm where you are and I hope God blesses you with contentment, peace and love as the stress and chaos of the holiday season swirls all around you!  I hope he blesses me with that too!  :-)

Have an excellent day! 

1 comment:

  1. You think a locker is an abyss. Wait until he starts to drive!!

    ReplyDelete