Friday, January 27, 2012

Two Meals

Meal #1

Last night I made Garlic Honey Glazed Meatballs.   They were so good.

Or at least I thought they were good.

My boys?  Not so much.

I actually had to get paper towels and rub the sauce off the meatballs to get the boys to eat them.

They are culinary weirdos.

SIDENOTE:  I did have to borrow Ketchup from my neighbor Karen.  How in the world does a family with children NOT have ketchup?  I am sure there is a law against that or something.  I could be thrown in the slammer.

Meal #2

Tonight, I made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Cacciatore Scallopine  It was stupid good.  I mean, really, really, really good. I wanted to lick my plate.  DELICIOUS.

SIDENOTE:  I did not have to borrow any ingredients from my neighbor Karen!  Hola, Karen!   By the way, I have some ketchup with your name all over it!

So about this chicken dish.  It has tons of mushrooms.  Tons.  YUM!

It also has capers.  I have eaten capers in restaurants before, but I have never purchased them to cook with myself.  I have them now.

So you fry up the flour dredged chicken breast in olive oil and a little butter.  Take the chicken out to drain.  Then the magic happens.  You use the remnants left in the same pan you fry the chicken in to make the sauce. Toss in the mushrooms, add wine, heavy cream, lemon juice, capers!  YUM, YUM, YUM.

My boys?

They ate the plain chicken and plain pasta.  Wouldn't even look at the sauce.

Losers.

I should have taken a picture of my beautiful plate. It was lovely.  However, I was starving and scarfed it down before I thought about my camera.

So sight unseen, please accept this as your Public Service Announcement....GO TO Pioneer Woman's website and make this dish.

Do it.

Buy the capers.

You will not be sorry.

3 comments:

  1. First, I am glad that you have Karen! I have a grocery store that I frequent when I don't have an ingredient (or send hubby or g-raff).

    Second, I have been perusing make ahead/freezer dinners to put together. I may have to put those on the back burner and try these recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband may or may not still be speaking to you after this evening. I have requested the chicken dish for dinner. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some helpers coming to paint my kitchen and the little bathroom. I will be serving them the chicken scallopine for dinner! I can't wait to try it! Another treat will be boston creme pie cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete