Friday, February 3, 2012

Job Satisfaction

For the last several weeks I have been working on getting a subcontract issued for work.  Now, this is what I do on the daily so that may not seem like a big deal.  This subcontract however had every hard and difficult circumstance associated it with it that you can imagine.  As an added complication, I have a new big boss.  You know a big boss would be my boss' boss.  New head honcho.  Someone new who knows nothing about me.  Someone who has probably already questioned why they keep some chick on part time who works from home.  Someone I really would like to impress, so he can leave me to doing my thing and continue this great gig I have working from home.  

The subcontract value required his signature.  That meant he had to review and approve my work before I could issue the agreement.  That also means, I have been in daily correspondence with him over the last several weeks trying to work through all of these complicated issues.   That means I had to show up big time, know my stuff, get my ducks in a row and do my job really, really well. 

Today, at 6:50 p.m. I FINALLY issued the subcontract.  

It was a long and difficult birth and I am not sure how pretty the baby is, but it is done and I am thrilled.  

As an additional bonus, the big boss sent me an email thanking me for my efforts and told me that I had done a great job on a difficult procurement.   

Ahhhh.

Sometimes, there is just nothing better than hearing "Job Well Done".  Especially when you have worked hard.   Job satisfaction.  It is a good thing. 

Tonight I am celebrating with a nice glass of wine.  Or two.  Great way to wrap up a busy week. 

I hope your week was productive and you have a great sense of accomplishment heading into the weekend.   I know that I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment