Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Joker

This morning I woke up with a raging headache.  That does not happen very often.  I think it is supposed to rain a little later today, so I don't know if it is related to weather, allergies, slept wrong....who knows.  I took some Aleve, threw on my walking clothes, grabbed my hat to cover my crazy hair and hit the road at 5:30 a.m. to walk with Martha.   Not very far into our walk my hat felt like it was squeezing my head like a vise.  It hurt.  Come on Aleve, do your thing!  I ended up taking off my hat and carrying it in my hand.

For those of you who know me well, you know that my hair on a humid morning can only mean one thing....big fat giant mess.   Without my hat to tamper it down, my hair grows by the minute on mornings like this. A big fuzzy, curling disaster.

Here is a recap of my conversation with Chip this morning on the way to school:

Chip:  Mom, I hope your headache goes away and you feel better.
Me:   Oh, thank you sweetheart. I do too.  I was just sitting here thinking that I hope my hair doesn't scare any small children while I am dropping you off this morning.
Chip (with a smile):  It might.  I think if you spray paint your hair green you would look exactly like The Joker.

I just cracked up.

For those of you who don't watch Superhero movies, The Joker is one of the villains from Batman?

Isn't he precious?  His hair is lovely, is it not?  Unfortunately, my son is not that far off.  A little can of green hair paint and you would be hard pressed to tell my hair from the Jokers.  Scaring small children it seems is definitely in the realm of possibility.

I am so thankful that I didn't have any eyeliner or lipstick on this morning because this image could be a little closer to reality than I can even stand.

Chip went on to thoughtfully help me pull together a Halloween costume for next year.  He said "You can borrow Ms. Martha's purple pants and get a purple shirt, green hair paint and some lipstick and you have a great costume". 

I need to call for a haircut appointment immediately.

Here's to a wonderful Thursday and I have high hopes that your hair is behaving better than mine is today!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! the purple swishy pants are 23 years old. they don't make them anymore...truly priceless. hate to part with them. they are worn in the cover of dark only!
    btw - hope your head is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete